IGNORED

Out of the way

Selden

I got tired of my side cases taking up room on the floor of the garage (even more so, after fitting touring lids), and fixed up some wall mounts (pole saw, optional). Very pleased with the result:

Sidecase%2520wall%2520mount.JPG

Very nice and neat result. :thumbsup:

I once wanted to do something similar for the track bike spare fairing but the then lady companion erupted in full force over the prospect of "having bike parts hanging on the walls"... yes, better leave them laying on the floor. ;)

PS: and get a proper pole saw like us pros use. Get an Echo. :grin:

I used a blue plastic tool rack found at Home Depot (one for each case). Quite a bit of "modification" was required, in the form of sawing off each end, then cutting back the front edge, then further grinding away the plastic where the hanging lugs go. Then I filled the sections around each case mounting points with epoxy. It works well, but there's got to be an easier way.

SideCaseMount.JPG

I originally wanted to use some bike hanger hooks, or something like that, but none would work without some serious bending. Then I thought about using square bend U-bolts, but couldn't find anything the appropriate size. Even though they are plastic, these have quite a bit of surface area contact with the peg board, and both the standoff and the width of the oblong slots were "just right" for the side cases.

Everbilt Wall-Mount or Peggable Multipurpose Tool Holder

Model # 01158 Internet # 202249585

29e0c4c9-f3ec-4d9f-b9dd-daa4e84ace1a_400.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday

I ended up putting some plywood shelves on brackets on the wall around my garage. Gets a bunch of stuff off of the floor - including my bike's sidecases.

With the pegboard already there, your tool rack thingie was probably a much quicker solution.

Well, I’m not done yet, but someone said the words plywood and garage, so I came running. I turned a bunch of this:

20140601_121553-S.jpg

Into this:

20140608_121544-S.jpg

So it could hold old stuff like this:

20140615_162118-S.jpg

And someday will be cleaned up and organized, a hint of which looks like this (starting the cabinet making now):

20140615_162012-L.jpg

It's a french cleat system, and everything can be moved anywhere at any time. Don't like where that stepstool on the right is? Grab it and the bracket, and plop it in it's new place - takes seconds. Slide it an inch to the left if you want. Make a peg board picture frame, hang all the gardening tools on it. Oops, too high for Mama's reach, move it down a notch. Everything not on wheels will be off of the floor. Holds a ton of weight, limited only by one's imagination, scrap wood supply, and ability to Google.

Archived