IGNORED

Powerlet Wireless Controller

RPG

I have a wireless controller that is acting up. Batteries are fresh and this is mated to a Powerlet vest. I lost the old controller so bought a replacement and since then, the trouble has started.

When I plug the vest into power, even with the controller off, it starts heating up. The previous controller never did this. I can turn the red (vest) controller dial on and if at the minimum setting, the vest cools down a bit but it's still on. It seems that turning the controller off actually applies full power to the vest.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks,

RPG

Afternoon Rick

Who made the controller?

It sounds like something wrong inside the controller itself so possibly a call to the controller manufacturers help line would probably be the place to start.

When you got the new controller, did you synch it per the instructions?

Also make sure you got the correct controller amperage wise.

One of the PDF's on the Powerlet Rapidfire Wireless system specifically warns against using a glove remote on a jacket liner.

The glove liner remote mentions setting the base warmth level as well.

Maybe you need to re-read that and set the base lower.

I just skimmed thru it.

Without looking for the instructions that came with mine I concur that there is a synchronizing procedure in addition to a feature where the jacket will maintain a base level of heating, something like 30% to provide some heat in cases where the controller has been lost/misplaced.

Let us know if you find an answer to your problem. Providing a link will be helpful to future readers with a similar problem.

On my Widder controller if the up stream polarity is backwards it will not modulate the output level (full heat regardless of dial position) so make sure that's in no way an issue.

Archived