IGNORED

Rain-X on my shield and visor ???

ElevenFifty

Headed north Friday ... Rain for 650 miles. I LOVE the way Rain-X works on my car ...

Think I heard somewhere that the supposed degradation of plastic was not all that severe. Anybody have personal experience using Rain-X on shields and/or visors?

I used it for years on a shoei shield. Never had a problem (aside from having to reapply it all the time, which I got tired of). But it never did anything to the plastic. It's polycarbonate, isn't it? I think rain-x is nothing but alcohol with some wax dissolved in it. It won't do anything.

btw - I never liked the fog-x very much on the inside. always left a greasy film and didn't work all that great either.

+1 on Plexus. This stuff is awesome on plastics. (I use it on the windscreen, face shield, etc.)

Water beads up and runs right off, bugs come off more easily, etc, etc...

Purchased a new shield for my HJC helmet, the shield instructions (care section) mentioned to use Rain-X to help repel the rain. Already have been using it for many years.

All very interesting - the bottle I have of Rain-X states right on it, "not for plastics." I will try the plexus now having read this thread.

On another related topic, what do you use for anti-fog that works? My Scorpion helmet came with anti fog and it worked for years. When I switched to Arai, I was set back to learn that they did not have anti fog treatment from the start. You would think for three times the price they would, oh well. Still, let me know what you use for anti fog.

Did the Rain-X thing on my 100K plus Cee Bailey and on my visor. I knew I was taking a risk but the shield is due replacement anyway.

Rode 6 hours in a good rain from Cincinnati to ATL last Monday.

On glass, the rain-x is fabulous ... results on the Cee Bailey were disappointing. No better than Plexus and actually may have fogged the screen a bit (I'm betting that it does attack the anti-scratch coating). The face shield was a bit better but not extraordinary.

Back to Plexus for me until something better comes along.

Archived