IGNORED

Karoo 3s on GSA

johnlt

On my recent trip to Torrey, I installed a set of new Karoo 3 tires on my 09 GS Adventure. These are supposed to be a full 50/50 tire, similar to the TKC 80s. I have used TKC 80s several times in the pass and thought they were great but did not wear very well getting only about 3-4K on the rears. The Karoo 3s are supposed to wear at least 50% better. My route from Tucson to Torrey included the 100 mile stretch of twisties up hwy 191. Over all, I have been favorably impressed with the Karoos. Handled the twisties nicely both on 191 as well as 12 in Utah. I’m no a racer but didn’t notice any slipping. On wet (including some snow) around Brian Head ski resort, they seemed fine but didn’t push them because of worry about black ice. On the interstate, they did well and weren’t too loud. They “sing” a little in the 45-50 mph area but I wear ear buds and could barely hear them. No dirt yet but will be doing some rocky dirt roads in the near future and will plan to air down to 25#s and see how they do. I have nearly 2k miles on them now and see very little wear. If I can get 6k out of a set, I’ll be happy.

Archived