IGNORED

NAV IV problem

Doug_Baliko

Lately I'm having a problem with my NAV IV. Several times lately I have told it to go Home, it starts to calculate a route and gets to about 90%, and then a box pops up that Garmin cannot calculate the route. I have tried this at several different distances from home from as far away as 2000 miles, to as close as 200 miles. It seems to have a better shot at completing the route if it's within 150 miles of home, but has failed even just 40 miles away. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Doug

How much free memory does it have? As soon as I updated my Nav V with Garmin Express I only had 20% left. There may not be enough in yours to do the calculation.

Have you checked for a update? Version 3.5 claims to have "Fixed calculator percentage function". No sure if that's what your experiencing or not.

Hope you get it fixed. Good luck.

Here is a reply from a support request to garmin that I submitted:

Sometimes the device can get jammed up with old routes or archived data. Please try clearing out this information with the instructions below.

To clear your trip logs:

Start at the Where To / View Map screen

Touch Tools

Touch My Data

Touch Manage Trip Logs

Touch Current Trip Log

Touch Clear Logs

Touch Yes

Repeat for any other logs found

To clear archive data:

Plug your device into a computer

Open the device drive

Locate the GPX folder (found sometimes on the root directory or in a Garmin folder)

Delete the archive folder

The steps above should resolve the issue but if you are still having trouble you can do a master reset.

Note: A master reset may erase all favorites1 and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites you can find instructions to do so here.

Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power

Place and hold your finger in the bottom right corner of the touchscreen

Power the device On

Release the power button after the device powers On

Continue to hold your finger on the touchscreen until you see "Do you really want to erase all user data?"

Release your finger from the touchscreen

Touch Yes

Follow the onscreen prompts

After the zumo is set up, if indoors, please go outside to allow the device to acquire the satellite information. Ensure that the device has a clear line-of-sight with the sky.

Please let us know if you have further issues.

Archived