IGNORED

New Rubber

RobinW

I've been chasing a set of Michelin PR4 GT's for this new to me R1200 cop bike since I got it. It's been sitting for a couple of years and the current tread isn't only well worn but the tyres are date stamped early 2010. the front one seems warped from sitting flat on a side stand for too long.

Absolutely no luck anywhere in Oz, apparently there's no stock at all and they are all talking 6 weeks till the next boat load arrives. Of course the dollar has dropped 10c to the US dollar since the last load so no one will quote a price.

Bugger it, I pulled the pin and got a pair from jake wilson. They charged $75 shipping to send 2 new tyres from Utah to Australia via DHL so they'll be here by the end of the week. Price wise they work out about the same as a set of standard PR4's cost here now.

Woohoo, can't wait, just like xmas :)

You will love those tires.

I have them on my 2014 1200RT-LC, but had the PR3's on my previous 2005 1200RT.

I was so impressed that I told my dealer that I won't except the new bike with different tires and that it would be part of the deal that he would replace them if the new bike arrived with different tires.

And he did have to replace them.

Not saying that there can't be "better' tires out there, but with the PR4's you will get predictable very well performing tires, no matter what bike in the sports touring class you ride.

That's what we like to hear :)

And it looks like I'll find out sooner rather that later, the rubber arrived today. That's 3.5 days, door to door, Utah to Australia. It'd take me that long just to get through security and customs :)

Another +1 from me on this rubber. I got them almost scrubbed in now and they just get better and better.

The shocks on this cop bike however are hard as nails. I had them rebuilt last month as the back was bouncing around a lot but now they are bone jarringly hard.

Wilbers are having a 10% off sale this month. I bit the bullet and ordered a pair for the bike. Rear from the USA and the Front locally. Probably be 6 weeks till they both arrive and are installed. The tyranny of distance ....

Archived