IGNORED

Lights

AndyS

OK, I DO NOT want lights for visability (daytime running lights).

I am looking for 2 lights that will come on with dip beam, so I want a nice sharp cut off with good sideways throw.

I also want a single lamp that will augment main beam, so nice long throw.

Ideally I'd like to mount all three side by side and I'd like them compact so that I can mount them under the nose of the fairing.

So, suggestions please. I don't mind if they are LED, Halogen or HID. However I want them for being able to see down the road. I don't want to be blinding people with the dip beam augmenting ones so they need the sharp cut off.

Looking forward to hearing the suggestions!

Which bike Andy?

My OEM auxiliary LED lights on my 2014RT have a very sharp cutoff height wise, but an immense beam width.

Some cars were flashing me and I thought the height setup was to high, so I checked it in my garage at night.

Those LED's were below normal headlight level and showed a razor sharp cutoff height wise.

But they are very bright.

If you have a different model/age bike, the above might not help you.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

They don't meet with the compact part of your question but, Hella Micro DE lamps have the best cut-off I've ever come across. Projector lamps will do that. They're halogen (H-3) or HID if you convert them yourself.

They also work very well for conspicuity without having to avert one's eyes. You don't want the driver looking away from you due to the 200W lamps blinding him.

I had a set on Z-technik case guards on a R11RT. I just couldn't find anything that would go under the fairing and not kiss the fender on speed bumps.

Archived