IGNORED

Unigo hitch for a 2011 R1200RT

SteveHebert

I am trying to help a gentleman find a hitch for his RT. He had no luck with Bill in TX and the Jacksonville dealer is not answering the phone.

Does anyone know of an alternate dealer or alternate hitch?

Thanks,

I am trying to help a gentleman find a hitch for his RT. He had no luck with Bill in TX and the Jacksonville dealer is not answering the phone.

Does anyone know of an alternate dealer or alternate hitch?

Thanks,

I purchased a Bushtec hitch for my '12 RT, and a ball hitch plate-to-UniGo coupling adapter (basically a tall, thick L-shaped plate) on which to mount the UniGo coupling:

CIMG2757.jpg

Sorry, I do not recall whether I got the L plate from Bushtec or directly from UniGo (I *think* it was directly from Unigo USA; it was not from a UniGo dealer).

A couple things to note about the Bushtec hitch: I first received their "standard" R12RT hitch -- apparently they were not aware of the camheads getting the exhaust butterfly valve, as the hitchbar and valve clashed. They then sent me a "modified" hitchbar that was supposed to clear the butterfly valve. It didn't. I eventually worked around the problem. Several problems with hardware package(s). Bushtec is just not the same company as when the Prestons owned/ran it (a shame). That said, the hitcher itself is stout and well made -- the reason I persevered. Previously I had a Bushtec on my K12LT's, and currently have one on my K16GTL. Come to think of it, the K16 hardware was SAE (they sell a lot more HD hitches than BMW) -- I had to go down to my hardware store and match/replaced every bit with metric equivalents to avoid having to carry SAE tools on a trip.

Archived