IGNORED

Adding grip to Aerostich triple digit glove covers

blackyam

Hi, everyone. I have a pair of Aerostich triple digit glove covers. They do a good job of keeping my gloves dry in the rain, but I have a very hard time maintaining any grip on my throttle with them on. Any tips on adding grip to the rain covers to make they less slippy, or any suggestions for alternative rain covers for gloves that provide good grip? Thanks.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Here is an oddball suggestion from something that never fails to piss me off when woodworking....to the point that I make an effort to put on latex gloves whenever using one:

Tack Cloth from Lowes or Home Depot.

Wipe it onto the grip surfaces of the gloves and see what transfer comes onto them to aid with grip tackiness. The gum used on the tack cloth will very easily transfer onto skin. It does transfer onto latex gloves. Probably transfers onto other things as well.

Throttlerocker.

The triple-digit gloves have always required me to grip the throttle tighter to twist it. The only satisfactory solution for me was a Throttlerocker** to let the palm hold the throttle in place of a death grip between the forefinger and thumb.

**I like the shape of this brand better than the others on the market.

I don't have that issue with the throttle grip, but the smooth steel finish of a Throttlemeister presents a challenge. My solution was to wrap a length of self-sealing rubber tape around the Throttlemeister, adjacent to the grip. I suspect the same type of tape would work on the throttle grip, without increasing the diameter too much; you might even be able to get away with wrapping just the inboard 2" of the grip.

my solution to that issue was to sell them and buy a pair of Olympia rain covers. They have a "grip surface" and work well.
Can't find then. Where did you get them?

Archived