IGNORED

russel daylong

David Langford

Did a ride-in appt with my wife. Great job! However, the seat heat can be an issue. They need to bury it a bit.....about an inch. Apparently, the 14 seat is different than previous years in that regard. Be sure to ask about that.

I have a friend on his 2nd Russel and loves it. He told me that the last thing you will worry about after you have the Russel on long trips is your ass. That stock RT seat just starts to kill after 300+ miles. I just sent mine away since I had to store the bike before the snow hit. I'm looking forward to the spring time.

If you're at all seriously interested in a Russell, and money is an issue, get your order in by 11:59 PM Sunday night 11/16 to take advantage of their yearly 15% off sale.

second best thing I added to the RT.

.... first best thing I added to my RT.

But for you that may depend how long you intend to spend in the saddle.

1 - 2 hours, then stock saddle may suffice

All day, then IMO a Russell Daylong is the way to go. - need to be happy to spend the $$.

My SWMBO, tells me if I buy a new bike I must get a RD, or I ride solo!!

The RDL is fantastic. I can easily do 800 + miles on it without any issues. For me the stock seat was only Good for 100-125 miles before my butt was really complaining. And much worse if it was a multi day trip. After that I bought a Touratech Kahedo seat for $1300! That seat got me to 200-250 miles before the comfort level deteriorated. So I bought the RDL and have been in love ever since. And I don't have any issues with the heat. It seems to work just fine.

Doug

I had one, I went up to Redding to get it.

I sold it as soon as possible.

I hated it.

It had high wings on the side that made it impossible for me to put my feet down.

And it was shaped like a bucket, which gave me the feeling of being stuck in a hole sitting on it.

dc

i did a 600 mile 13 hour dragon tail ga mountain tour recently and my right thumb/first joint was bothering me when i got home.

i could have jumped right back on for another 600.

you will not regret that purchase.

also, i suggest the dual seat option for your wife or girlfriend, but only one at a time can ride not both!

Trust me, you will NOT regret it. I am on my second bike each had had/has a RDL. THe second one did not come with it and I bought a used one off of C's list. Now after four years being the second owner, I too just ordered a new RDL (taking advantage of the 15% off sale) and will ship here shortly.

Archived