IGNORED

Re: 2014 RT Fender Extension

Skywagon

I just installed the fender extension from Avant. I bought partially on a recommendation Moshe had written and mainly because No drilling of holes in the fender. The Fenda Extenda brand says drill 4 holes..arggghhh not on my new bike.

Anyway...fit and finish is really good. Looks like it was made for the bike. It has a nice way to connect without any damage to the fender. It took all of about 20 seconds per side. It's pricy at $91 door to door with shipping and tax, but is a quality made product that is simple to install and looks good. No affiliation

I just installed the fender extension from Avant. I bought partially on a recommendation Moshe had written and mainly because No drilling of holes in the fender. The Fenda Extenda brand says drill 4 holes..arggghhh not on my new bike.

Anyway...fit and finish is really good. Looks like it was made for the bike. It has a nice way to connect without any damage to the fender. It took all of about 20 seconds per side. It's pricy at $91 door to door with shipping and tax, but is a quality made product that is simple to install and looks good. No affiliation

+1 very well made product. Worth every penny IMHO

+1 for sure! Got one for my 2012 R1200GSA and liked it so much I replaced the Fenda Extenda on my '06 RT with the same product.

FYI ... Last Christmas MachineArt Moto had a sale ... something like 25% off and free shipping. I could not resist. Anyone thinking about one may want to hold off for a bit and see if there is a Christmas sale.

I have the pyramid extension on the 14 RT. I have had them on other bikes. When I was looking to get a fender extension the ones in the posts above were not available. And they were twice as much! While the Pyramid isn't quite as large it seems to keep the bottom of the engine free of gunk and hopefully will keep it from chipping. That is all I was after.

nothing wrong with the pyramid unit. I've seen a couple and they look like they would do the job. If you have seen Terry's website you can see the skills he has and the machine shop to boot.

I also know my skills...drilling 4 holes in my fender would have probably ended up with 8 holes all wollered out and having to buy a new fender. I figured the extra $20-30 was cheaper than buying a new fender. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the Pyramid fender extension this weekend. Easy job.

Hint: put a piece of scrap wood between the fender and extension combo and the tire to drill safely without removing the fender from the bike.

Archived