IGNORED

Great people at First Gear

RPG

I've been using a Kiliminjaro jacket for a few years now. I've been very satisfied with it. Recently, one of the wrist cuff adjusters started to lose some stitching so I contacted First Gear, expecting nothing really.

They replied to my email the same day and asked for photos of the damage.

Then they asked me for the jacket size as they wanted to replace it with a brand new one. I was thrilled!

The new jacket arrived in two days.

RPG

I sold the Kiliminjaro for over 15 years. They had several updates, changes, then First Gear got smart and went back to a very original version but with upgraded armor and added day-glo as a color choice.

I've had 3-4-5? Of them only changing when I wanted a different color.

For 300 bucks or so, you can't get a better textile jacket, I say.

After a few years, I assume the warranty duty and have my shoe shop guy do small stuff like replace velcro that is going to wear.

Almost the season to wear mine here in Central Cali.

I couldn't agree more. For the money, it's hard to beat a Kiliminjaro. When I got the new coat, I thought they cheapened the armor as it's quite a bit thinner. Turns out, it's the latest D3O design, which appears to be an improvement over the previous design. (check out the videos on the firstgear website)

Overall, the jacket has a lighter feel to it and the upper pockets are now inside, which I like a lot better.

And the collar has the adjustable attachment point to make it tighter or looser around the neck. And the best feature is the fold out hood to keep the rain off your neck.

Nice improvements, GREAT warranty. Check them out.

RPG

Archived