IGNORED

where to find replacement bulb for PIAA 1200's??

Doug 55

Question is "as per subject line" and any advice would be *greatly* appreciated :clap:

Background: I have been running (now discontinued) PIAA 1200's on my 1150GS and various previous bikes; love em' for lighting up the road and IMHO the yellow beam more conspicuous than white ... a recent "pick" in my own garage :) just turned up a (gasp!) brand new set I would like to install on my 1150RT. "Precursor and Pursuant" to that action I thought best to find out about replacement bulb availability ... they are obsolescent at PIAA Inc.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/501-55w-Dichroic-Single-Bulb-Reflector-For-1200-Series-Light.aspx

Google for "PIAA 1200 replacement bulb" provides beaucoup info but none that I can understand as a 1:1 replacement

Here is a favorite picture of my (long gone from my garage) '98 K1200 with PIAA 1200s blazing among fall colors so, again, TIA for any advice for 1:1 replacement for the factory bulbs!

2012-03_blue%20K12%20conspicuity%20lights-M.jpg

Hi Doug.

The 13355 bulb used in the 1200's has been discontinued for a while.

At the moment you can still find a few leftover's at online sellers like this one .

This bulb is an H3, so you should be able to use that format in it with no other issue than a different light tone. Personally I am very partial to Osram Nightbreakers on all my vehicles. They are available in H3 format .

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Archived