IGNORED

Valentine V1 audio out

BarryBeemer

I know this must have been covered before, but my search came up with nothing. There is a speaker jack on the left side of my new V1. Nothing is said about it in the manual and it doesn't look like a standard jack to me. Hoping I don't need their audio add-on accessory. Can someone enlighten me on this? I just want to hardwire the V1 to my Sena SM-10 for audio to my helmet. Thanks!

I don't think you're seeing an audio jack on the main body of the V1, that's just an opening for the audio transducer (the thing that makes the beeps.) As Fernando noted to obtain an audio connection you need to attach the remote audio adapter (which uses the 4-wire phone jack that also supplies power to the V1).

Thanks to all for the input about the output of the V1. As I looked again at the manual, The arrow to that mysterious hole is "speaker", NOT "speaker jack". The vents on the top fooled me into thinking there was small speaker under there. Guess I have no choice but to spend the $$ on the audio adaptor. Oh well, already have the patch cord installed to the RCU shelf anyway.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I would have called it a 'speaker', but sticking an audio plug in there is not good for it, whatever we call it.

Sorry, a case of engineer-itis. It's actually a piezo transducer (maker of beeps) which is a more accurate/specific term than speaker, but yeah, the generic 'speaker' reference would probably be less confusing. :grin:

Archived