IGNORED

Roadside Assistance Programs

OlGeezer

Any recommendations?

My insurance company (Allstate) seems to offer only generic roadside assistance (not motorcycle specific). Now that I do not have a bike financed through BMWFS, I find myself in need of a good service company.

Thank you,

KOA RV roadside assistance. Funny thing is, it's provided through Allstate

For $100 a year they will tow your vehicle to the closest facility capable of repairing the vehicle you are traveling with. That means that if it NEEDS to go to a BMW dealership, then you can plead your case and get it there. It was a nice option for me also because it includes similar coverage for my Jeep. I off-road on a somewhat regular basis. I was told they would come rescue whatever I was driving as long as they could get to me.....motorcycle, RV, ATV, whatever, it didn't matter.

Plus the added membership to KOA is nice if you camp.

Also, they were willing to cover one other person living at the same address as me, regardless of relation. AAA will only cover a spouse. It's not a big deal now as Danielle and I are married, but it was a nice feature before we were. They came and saved me a few years ago when my RT died. It wasn't without a little drama, but I was on the side of a mountain in WV. Once they connected me directly to the tow company, we got it all figured out quickly. I'm the end, I was happy and have carried them ever since

What Keith said. I've used it and it was great. Hauled my RT with blown driveshaft nearlyh 300 miles at no extra cost. Also used it on my car when wife had a flat. Excellent service

With BMW roadside assistance, after your warranty and free roadside expires, you can convert to an Individual plan for last I heard, 30-40 a year.

I've heard good things about Good Sam, KOA, and AMA has a plan too.

+3 on KOA RV Roadhelp.

Good for car, truck, bike, RV, ect. When my fuel pump controller went out in AL they brought me and the bike to BMW ATL without any problems.

Thanks for this thread. I'd been looking for a plan that would cover all my vehicles in one plan. Just joined the KOA/Allstate plan. First year is a very fair $80.

After researching AAA, KOA, Good Sam, and AMA, decided on AMA. Already a member, small upgrade charge, auto renewal required for Roadside Assistance, covers all my vehicles. Haven't used it yet though and hopefully never will need it.

Went through this exercise last year after moving from Canada. Settled on Allstate RV Roadhelp plan, which covers motorcycles. My priority was the towing benefit. This feature varies greatly among the different providers. I'd check out Allstate Motor Club:

allstatemotorclub.com

We're using AAA Plus. I've used it twice and it's worked admirably. On the last tow the driver mentioned that the wrecker services work with most of the insurance companies, car clubs, etc. If you expect to get towed in the same area, then you can request a specific wrecker service. I haven't tried it yet and hope I don't have to.

$5 a year with Progressive. I called them before my Nova Scotia trip last year. They said they would tow me to the closest BMW dealer regardless of mileage.

Sweet add on for my motorcycle policy I have with them.

PS they do not sell it to Canadians. Don't know why. US folks get coverage in Canada no extra charge.

More info on the Progressive insurance please. Sounds almost too good to be true.

Do you also have bodily injury/property damage liability?

Uninsured driver?

Are there any limitations on to tow?

Do they used 'approved' motorcycle tow outfits?

Inquiring minds must know.

That's what I use, and they told me the same thing when I called prior to going to NS in 2013.

My main bearing failed in waynesboro after we complete the BRP back in October. For logistical reason all BMW dealers were closed on Monday , some distance away, etc. I uhaled it back to CT. progressive insurance reimbursed my uhal rental!

Just went online and filled out Progressive online estimate. $65 for minimal bodily injury/prop damage and uninsured driver. An additional $15 for towing. I believe that to be way less costly than AAA or KOA. Progressive policy does say "Provides towing to the nearest qualified repair facility and necessary labor at the place of disablement when the vehicle is disabled due to mechanical or electrical breakdown, battery failure, flat tire, lockout, insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water or other fluids, or entrapment in snow, mud, water or sand within 100 feet of the roadway." HOWEVER, like most other providers I have looked into, there is no mileage restriction. MOA Platinum coverage has 100 mile limit as do others I have looked into.

Archived