IGNORED

Reports on Garmin 590?

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

The Garmin 590 has been out a while now, and I was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences with it.

Yes... thinking about getting one for the RT.

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences

I replaced my Garmin 276C with a Zumo 590 / Sena 20S combo this last summer. I've only taken one long trip with them since then.

Overall impression: Fairly happy.

What I liked most was the bigger display even though they use part of it for stuff other than the map. I also like the integrated (almost free) weather map which works well (for the price) as long as you have cell phone coverage.

Biggest problem I had was what to do with the mass of cabling that comes from the motorcycle cradle. There are 5 cables including the power lead. The power lead is hooked up to power of course, but what to do with the other four. Choices seemed to be build a less complex cable assembly (hack and whack), hang them somewhere out of sight (messy), or what I ended up doing, route them into my left side glove box (R1150RT) where they lay peacefully out of sight, but available if I decide later to use them.

The 590 paired easily with the Sena 20S and both GPS navigation and music (from memory card in GPS) worked well.

Stan

Archived