IGNORED

Center Stand Roller Thingy

greiffster

The Rocketman

200 clams might work pretty well to slide your bike around the garage too. When you're done you can fry them up and eat them, unlike the Park-N-Move, which I think is inedible.

$80 from Harbor Freight,....something a bit different.

Yeah, I've seen that before at HF. I'm not really interested in a side stand dolly. I think it will be mostly for maintenance stuff. Plus, I've only dropped the RT once in the garage. :thumbsup: That thing looks to have several drops included for $80. :grin:

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I am super nice and let the wife have a garage spot in the winter when cars will ice. This puts me on the far side of the garage with a grade just 6 feet out from the OH door. That makes turning it around very hard. The only solution is to turn it around in the single car spot in the garage.

I can tell you what doesn't work. A polyethelene cutting board (too thick). Metal cookie sheet. For both of those hacks, the center stand feet slide on the sheet instead of the sheet on the floor.

I did a bit more thinking and decided to just try to spin the bike on the centerstand on the concrete. The floor looks metal tool finished so, it is glassy. Been doing that for 3 winters now with no issues. The fallback plan was to apply some PSA UHMWPE (peel and stick) on the two feet and then just replace it as it wore down. I got the material, maybe, from Rockler to apply to woodworking fences as a low friction material years ago. I haven't needed it yet.

From time to time I pull the bike sideways across the floor too to make room alternating the back and the front since it doesn't sit balanced on the stand.

I think these were advertised in BMWMOA: Turn a Bike .

They show a dolly and a turntable.

No personal experience - they just looked good to me.

Neighbor gave me a homemade turntable similar to the linked one. Works perfectly, but I don't use it anymore as I back the bike in the garage.

Same deal, north of 2 bills. My mind instantly thinks..."I bet I can rig something up for $25"

Same deal, north of 2 bills. My mind instantly thinks..."I bet I can rig something up for $25"

I made one from an "aftermarket" iMac turntable and a cutting board (thanks to my friend who upgraded his computer and my wife who didn't get too mad about the cutting board); it worked great for several years, but I'm not sure how I'm going to adapt it to work with the new sidecar :)

As for the Turn a Bike, the product looks good but I wonder about a company that makes some of the choices they made on their website. First, they shot the video to show the young lady putting the bike right in front of a doorway - was there really not another angle they could have used? Second, they have several links still up on their site that either go to nothing or show a product they discontinued; if you don't make it anymore, why is it still - kind of - on your site? I have a business that gets most of our clients through our website and we do well because our site - by avoiding stuff like that - is way better than our competitors'; it's a big turn off/red flag for me when a business, in our world, can't manage a website - what else can't they manage?

Yep. I have the Legal Speeding Park-n-Move. I use it all the time to wedge my F700 into a narrow space in front of my truck. Otherwise I'd have to leave the truck out in the snow. For sure I won't leave the wife's car out. Is it worth $200 "clams". Probably not, but I like mine and it saves a lot of hassle storing the bike. In the summer, it gets parked.

I have had a Park N Move for 3 years now. Love it. It is very stable. My R1150RT feels very solid when I move it. While at $200 it is spendy, it is substantial in build. If you have limited space, it is well worth it.

I have a ParknMove and it nicely moves my K1600GT into a very tight space near two stucco walls without damage. Be sure all 4 wheels are facing forward when putting the bike on the center stand and the ParknMove. I use a small piece of molding with the wheel locks when taking the bike off it as alone the wheel locks are not up to the task.

Great product if you need to safely move your bike around on FLAT floors.

Archived