IGNORED

BMW Pro Summer gloves

SinNH

I found they run on the tight side. When I bought mine, it was at a dealer and I'm glad I did. Of the 3 pairs, the same size, one pair I couldn't get my right hand into at all, the second was very tight, the third was just about right. It was snug getting on, but after wearing a couple months formed to fit me perfect. I know my right hand is slightly larger than my left, but I was surprised at the differences in the pairs. btw, I love the gloves. They work great, even in the Texas summer heat.

Shaolin Master Sergeant

I have a pair. Think German summer. I find them to get a bit warm above 85. That's when I switch to perforated Vanson engineer gloves. I do wear the BMW gloves down to the low 50s with heated grips on low.

Thanks for the replies.

Rich, from your reply, the variation of the same size smells of a product made in China, I would hope not for the price. I would hate to think that 98% of the dollars is for the BMW logo, not quality.

Funny timing this thread, I am considering getting these for use on those warm summer days when I am caught in the rain. How well do they perform in the rain? I know they are gortex, but sometimes even products with gortex have issues.

For the real dry heat I have a pair of Held Air Stream gloves, so I just need something waterproof as much as possible.

Shaolin Master Sergeant

My hands felt a little damp (but not wet) after all day rain but the gloves didn't leak. I ride a K1600GTL so I'm not so exposed to the elements as others.

Wear mine for mostly all of the riding season. good for avg. or light rain. Clams right up in anything heavier for me. (can't really tolerate a clammy hand) I found the sizes also run tight. Should really try before you buy.

Blind Squirrel
I have a pair. Think German summer. I find them to get a bit warm above 85.

Same thing I found. Not good for Southern Va., moist summer type heat.

Archived