IGNORED

Heated glove fingers -- any out there that are actually warm??

mneblett

No luck with Search, hence the new thread:

I have a pair of Gerbing T5 gloves. Not happy with them because my fingers simply are not warmed enough, even at full on (at which point the Gerbing heated insoles are reaching the "medium well" level).

I just got back from an hour long ride in ~32F temps, and the tips and backs of my fingers felt like they were not getting any heat, even though the base of the palms were toasty (almost too much so). In contrast, the Gerbing microwave jacket liner is excellent -- I get all the heat I want at ~1/3 power.

Given the cost of heated gloves, I have been "making do" with the T5's because I couldn't justify a new set when the T5's were still working "semi-adequately." That constraint is gone, as the left T5 has stopped working.

So, who out there has a heated glove that actually provides significant heat along the fingers??

The Rocketman

It may sound counter-intuitive, but maybe old school beats new school? I own Gerbings Extra Large G3's, and Medium in Classics. They fit exactly the same. I know its weird, but its true. Both gloves have no cold spots and my hands warm evenly from finger tips to palm. The "Classics" are the older version, and are more "fluffy" and padded. The G3's feel thinner, less padding, and I can feel the wires inside, especially when I bend my fingers, like when making a first. Both are very comfortable, and both have worked fine for many years. I have Gerbing's dual controller, so the gloves are controlled separate from my jacket liner. You can get a pretty good deal on Fleabay for these, as they're the older models. If you want to try them out before hunting down a pair to buy, let me know, and I'll send you mine to try for a ride, as long as the size is right. You just pick up the shipping back. Just make sure you get them back to me soon, as the snow around here has to thaw sometime soon :)

Danny caddyshack Noonan

My T5s seem to heat well on the tips and backs.

Contact gerbings. I sent a non-warranty jacket back last year and was charged a whopping $42 for a repair to several things.

Not trying to a wise guy to the OP, but, am I reading your post correctly? You were riding in -32 degree temps? As in negative 32 F? If so, I'm not sure anything's gonna keep you warm on a bike at those temps.

No luck with Search, hence the new thread:

I have a pair of Gerbing T5 gloves. Not happy with them because my fingers simply are not warmed enough, even at full on (at which point the Gerbing heated insoles are reaching the "medium well" level).

I just got back from an hour long ride in ~32F temps, and the tips and backs of my fingers felt like they were not getting any heat, even though the base of the palms were toasty (almost too much so). In contrast, the Gerbing microwave jacket liner is excellent -- I get all the heat I want at ~1/3 power.

Given the cost of heated gloves, I have been "making do" with the T5's because I couldn't justify a new set when the T5's were still working "semi-adequately." That constraint is gone, as the left T5 has stopped working.

So, who out there has a heated glove that actually provides significant heat along the fingers??

You may find that heated mittens work better for you than heated gloves.

Or perhaps you can wear Aerostitch Triple Digits over your heated T5s. That works really well.

Warm n Safe

IMO, they provide warmth to the back of the hand and fingers quite well. I don't have any issues with cold hands while wearing them. This morning at 27 degrees I had the troller at about half way and I didn't even think about my hands (and I hate being cold).

I've read about and heard of many quality issues with the more recent Gerbings materials, lots of threads out there on them. I think the original family is starting a new company under a new name. That may explain why your liner works well but the gloves don't or maybe not. Either way, in my experience the Warm n Safe stuff works quite well.

Thanks, all. I contacted Gerbing support and will be sending the T5's in for repair of the left glove. I mentioned the lack of finger warmth, and the the support person noted the issue for checking in the case documentation.

Archived