IGNORED

Park 'n Move experience

Lemans

I'm getting tired of wrestling the K1300GT around the garage, and am considering the Park 'n Move from Legal Speeding. I have a smooth painted garage floor but would need to cross contraction joints. Does anyone have experience with this device? Others have reported it will hang up on tiny pebbles, and may not work for me.

A friend who bought it and found it didn't work for him gave it to me - I found it hung up on every slight imperfections in my garage floor.

I could work out a route to get the bike in position but it was so silly I just went back to rolling my bike back and forth until I got it parallel parked against the front wall of the garage.

I never heard what happened to it after I passed it along to the next guy.

I've used it to move my RT around. It will get stuck on small pebbles but a simple sweeping of the floor prevents that issue. The product I received had one mis-threaded screw which means it doesn't allow me to lock the unit completely. My communications to the company regarding this issue went unanswered.

My overall impression is that it does work when you need to move a heavy bike around or into a tight space. I'm not overly impressed with the quality and the lack of response to my query points up other potential issues with the company should you need support.

I move and park my R1150R in my garage (in a tight corner) with it all the time and love it. Yes, you need a smooth floor. My garage floor is painted concrete and works great. Getting it on and off takes some practice and a disciplined methodical approach. Once you figure it out it's easy.

I'm getting tired of wrestling the K1300GT around the garage, and am considering the Park 'n Move from Legal Speeding. I have a smooth painted garage floor but would need to cross contraction joints. Does anyone have experience with this device? Others have reported it will hang up on tiny pebbles, and may not work for me.

I bought one in very early 2012, and love the device! I use it to swing the RT around to face out of the garage after every ride. As others have mentioned, the criticism that I have is that the wheels are too small, and it tends to hang up on imperfections of the floor. My garage floor is very heavily eroded from the salt that had been tracked into the inside over the years, and I have to do the turning near the front of the garage, where I have the best surface.

OTOH, once you are used to how the thing behaves, cracks and pitted surface isn't a serious issue. If pushing, you just have to make sure that you don't accidentally push the bike off the center stand when the wheel stumble on something. Likewise, when pulling, just be careful not to pull so hard or fast such that you pull the center stand off the device! Personally, I don't think that you will have any problems going over the expansion joint at all!

Thanks to all...your input is most appreciated. Still hung up on the concrete joint issue. If I can't roll it across at least one joint, it just won't work for me. Considering shipping cost and restocking fee, it could be a very expensive mistake.

Thanks to all...your input is most appreciated. Still hung up on the concrete joint issue. If I can't roll it across at least one joint, it just won't work for me. Considering shipping cost and restocking fee, it could be a very expensive mistake.

If its a tooled crack relief joint and there is no vertical displacement, you could get some epoxy crack filler from Home Depot and smooth out a 3 foot section or so, where the bike would cross.

Archived