IGNORED

jacket for my wife ??

greenrider

Hi

Want to get a jacket for my wife and I would like your input.

She doesn't ride with me much but we do go on a few days to a week trip each year.

Would like something that can be cool for hot days and warm on cool days,

And I don't want to break the bank

TripleThreat

Firstgear Kilimanjaro Air, or standard Kilimanjaro might be a good option (if they still make them). My wife and I have the Standard Kilimanjaros that we purchased about 15 years ago and they still are very nice jackets. Not quite as cool in the summer as the Air, but fairly well vented. They both come with liners to extend the temperature range.

Looks like they still make the standard model, but not the Air...

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-womens-kilimanjaro-jacket

What does she wear now, any size issues, what climate will you be in (mostly Canada/northern)?

These folks have always been very helpful.

Variety of options, some great to very good pricing.

The Kilamanjaro is certainly a good one.

Olympia also makes women's gear and used to be about the best bang for buck.

We need 2 sets of gear as the summer months are very hot so we have mesh.

Otherwise my wife wears Tour Master Transition jacket that fits her well.

Blind Squirrel

Even though my wife only rides once or twice a year with me, she wears the same gear that I wear; Motoport. For us it's not about how often she rides, it's about saving her in case we go down.

The cost of the medical bills will be much greater than the cost of good gear.

Strange, but when I first read the title, I thought you were trading ...

Back to topic, I really like the Olympia products. That said, check out revzilla.com as they have good equipment.

My wife loves the Tourmaster Transition 2. Waterproof, zip out liner, good pockets, velcro fasteners for sleeves and neck, armor in back and sleeves, and under $200.

If your wife's anything at all like mine, your primary concern is to get her a CUTE jacket.

However, I will be of zero help in determining what that might be....

Even though my wife only rides once or twice a year with me, she wears the same gear that I wear; Motoport. For us it's not about how often she rides, it's about saving her in case we go down.

I am very happy that my wife also has Motoport jacket, pants and gloves. I also try to ride far more conservatively with her on the bike.

+1

John Ranalletta

+1 on the Revzilla recommendation.

My wife was very pleased with the service. She called and a female at Revzilla helped her understand fit and option to get the best jacket and pants for our riding.

I think the lady at Revzilla was able to speak in a language men don't understand.

Archived