IGNORED

So my order of Combat Lite boots arrived from Aerostich

Bud

There is nothing "Lite" about them. 5 lbs 2 oz for the pair. The heel is pretty wide and my heel slips when I walk which would cause blisters. The fit across the widest part of my foot is correct. I ordered the "cleated" sole. It has no heel. Not sure that I'm gonna be happy.

Might try a pair one size smaller to see if it helps the heel and still allows room for my toes.

Just like butts, everyone's feet are a little different. :grin:

Return policy?

They don't fit and will cause problems.

No amount of adding socks etc will fix that so you won't wear them or will suffer consequences.

Hope it works out.

There is nothing "Lite" about them. 5 lbs 2 oz for the pair. The heel is pretty wide and my heel slips when I walk which would cause blisters. The fit across the widest part of my foot is correct. I ordered the "cleated" sole. It has no heel. Not sure that I'm gonna be happy.

Might try a pair one size smaller to see if it helps the heel and still allows room for my toes.

Just like butts, everyone's feet are a little different. :grin:

I did some reasearch last fall and picked up a pair of Alpinstars. I really wanted a pair of Combat boots because of the construction. But I have slightly narrow feet and many folks say the combat boots are wide. A lot of love and haters out there. Hope it works out.

My alpinstars are decent made, but not as comfortable as I would have hoped. Certainly not a boot for a lot of walking. Maybe another season and they will break in better.

Like you said, everyone's different... I've got serious duck feet (EEEE), and I almost always wind up with a loose heel so that the rest of my foot can fit reasonably. This is the case with my combat lites. I bought them 1/2, or a size too big, with my toes crammed together, and my heels loose. So in the end, the toe box does stretch out, but the heel never shrinks. That's something to keep in mind. I did pretty well by adding some of those Dr Scholl's 3/4 insoles (those orthotic units they sell). I usually add a nice insole to all my shoes, and depending on which ones you get, they can really help the way things fit.

Oh, and I had the grey cleated sole. It never bothered me, except when I walked the dogs, I tracked TONS of junk into the house. Rocks, pine needles, leaves, bark, dirt, etc. But with that, you also get better traction in loose soil.

Like you said, everyone's different... I've got serious duck feet (EEEE), and I almost always wind up with a loose heel so that the rest of my foot can fit reasonably. This is the case with my combat lites. I bought them 1/2, or a size too big, with my toes crammed together, and my heels loose. So in the end, the toe box does stretch out, but the heel never shrinks. That's something to keep in mind. I did pretty well by adding some of those Dr Scholl's 3/4 insoles (those orthotic units they sell). I usually add a nice insole to all my shoes, and depending on which ones you get, they can really help the way things fit. I bought some yesterday. They helped, but not enough.

Oh, and I had the grey cleated sole. It never bothered me, except when I walked the dogs, I tracked TONS of junk into the house. Rocks, pine needles, leaves, bark, dirt, etc. But with that, you also get better traction in loose soil. That's why I chose them. From the pics on the web site, the version with the heel looked slippery.

Gonna give them a call and see what they suggest. No doubt they will take care of me.

Aerostich has some good insoles available. I ordered the thick ones and it really helped the fit.

👍

The problem is that I had difficulty in getting my feet into the boot but the heel was very loose. Insoles would make the center and front of my foot too high. I tried heel inserts but my heel was still too lose.

Funny foot, wide in middle and front, narrow in heel.

Returning them. Easy peasy. :thumbsup:

Now what am I supposed to step on?? And what about that street cred?

The problem is that I had difficulty in getting my feet into the boot but the heel was very loose. Insoles would make the center and front of my foot too high. I tried heel inserts but my heel was still too lose.

Bud, I feel your frustration. My feet are similar and I've not been able to find motorcycle boots that fit. I've tried at least six pairs and had to send them all back at $8-10 each...adds up pretty quick. None of the local dealers seem to stock anything in 13 or 14 wide. I managed to pick up a well used but serviceable pair of Alpinestars off the flea market on ADV rider that fit pretty well...Euro size 50. A bit narrow in the heel but I don't hike in them so I think they'll be OK. I don't know what model they are. Custom mades would probably work but that's not in the budget.

Returning them. Easy peasy. :thumbsup:

Now what am I supposed to step on?? And what about that street cred?

Dunno. Cantellya. :wave:

Would have just looked like a poser anyways. :rofl:

Bud, I feel your frustration. My feet are similar and I've not been able to find motorcycle boots that fit. I've tried at least six pairs and had to send them all back at $8-10 each...adds up pretty quick. None of the local dealers seem to stock anything in 13 or 14 wide. I managed to pick up a well used but serviceable pair of Alpinestars off the flea market on ADV rider that fit pretty well...Euro size 50. A bit narrow in the heel but I don't hike in them so I think they'll be OK. I don't know what model they are. Custom mades would probably work but that's not in the budget.

Hey Mark,

Narrow in the heal is a goo thing for me!!! :grin: Do your remember which model of Alpinestars you have?

TNX

Hey Mark,

Narrow in the heal is a goo thing for me!!! :grin: Do your remember which model of Alpinestars you have?

TNX

Oops...I meant they're a bit wide in the heel inside...my heel slips a little when I walk. A thick pair of socks helps. The sole is a bit narrow in the heel, tho...feels a little weird, maybe like walking in high heels (can't say for sure...I've never worn high heels :) ).

Keep us posted on those others.

21st century boots.

Time for a 21st century bike?

:grin:

:wave:

Ya know Tim, I've been looking at the new bikes in MC magazines.

Getting older and thinking about a lighter bike to push round. At speed every bike is easy to handle. But at Meat Cove I was thinking a lighter ride would be a lot more fun when maneuvering on sloping grass surfaces as well as the ride in and out. TNT seems to be really enjoying his new ride.

My Powder River Ride

My February Ride

Every bike is a compromise. I certainly enjoy the fact that I can wrench my 99 RT easily. OTOH a new bike with an extended warranty that would cover me through the remainder of my riding life is attractive as well. Ride the snot out of it and if it breaks, take it to a dealer and get it fixed N/C.

I briefly owned a GS ( 1995 owned for one month) and I found that I wasn't exactly thrilled by being beaten up by the wind. Maybe I'm just a wuss??????? Having said that, the smaller GS models available sure look inviting. Dunno

Gonna be warm enough next week to get the bike out for a little ride. :grin:

I have had my eyes on these for some time as they are similar to the Combats but most folks rave about the comfort right out of the box. (Watch the video too! )

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Gaerne-Balance-Oiled-Boots_p_79.html

71aHtc3lkzL._SL1001_.jpg

Spoke to Brian at Atomic Moto. Is sending a pair out today. Hope they work well.

So I talked to Brian at Atomic moto yesterday at 1:30 PM. He suggested I try a size 12. They ARRIVED ON MY DOORSTEP TODAY and the shipping was FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we have a winner.

Thanks to everyone who commented and gave suggestions. W/O your input, I never would have found these boots. :grin::thumbsup::clap:

Assuming the size is correct, fill a bathtub with hot water. Put on your boots, and soak them in hot water for 20-30 minutes. Wear until dry. I ignored this advice, and it about 2 years for my pair to break in properly. Once broken in, they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned — a lifetime investment.

Hey Selden.

I don't think that method would have shrunk the heel area enough to make the Combat Lite's fit my foot shape.

The ones I currently have, see post directly above yours, don't need broken in.

Gonna warm up next week to 62. Will feel like springtime in GA. I remember spring time trips to Callaway Gardens when we were at Ft. Benning.

I have had my eyes on these for some time as they are similar to the Combats but most folks rave about the comfort right out of the box. (Watch the video too! )

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Gaerne-Balance-Oiled-Boots_p_79.html

71aHtc3lkzL._SL1001_.jpg

Spoke to Brian at Atomic Moto. Is sending a pair out today. Hope they work well.

So I talked to Brian at Atomic moto yesterday at 1:30 PM. He suggested I try a size 12. They ARRIVED ON MY DOORSTEP TODAY and the shipping was FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we have a winner.

Thanks to everyone who commented and gave suggestions. W/O your input, I never would have found these boots. :grin::thumbsup::clap:

Great! Glad to hear they worked out! They will be my next boot as well.

Archived