IGNORED

Russell day long seat

gordiet

I decided to go with the Russell daylong seat for my 2015 RT. I contacted Russell and was told the earliest that I would be able to have a seat started would be about the middle of July. Wow, those guys are really busy. I guess I'll go back to riches for a seat where I have purchased one before and it is a good seat as well. GT

The wait will be worth it.

I sent in my order form many moons ago and was given a build date just before the Un.

They are great folks, building what is arguably the best seat in the world.

I can wait for that level of great.

It has been that way for many years with Russell seats. Over the winter the wait time is usually just a week or two. It also seems they have the seats for a couple weeks after the appointment before returning it. I wish they would improve on that. My very new RT sat in the garage with no seat for almost 4 weeks.

Speaking for myself, I have spent a fortune on other seats that were custom or aftermarket. None have been remotely as comfortable for all day rides as the Russell. Some were better for commuting, and some sure looked better. I spent well over 20K for a bike, the money on the Russell allows me to enjoy it to the fullest.

No affiliation with Russell. If I had bought their stock with seat money I might be well off...........

I rode up to Lake Shasta and got a Russell made for my bike.

Most horrible, uncomfortable seat I ever sat on in my life, and remember, I started out on a real tractor, out in the field. (Sorta).

I couldn't sell that thing fast enough.

It was like sitting in a hole. I have been on country out house seats more comfortable.

And it had wings such that I couldn't put my feet on the ground even tho' I have extremely long legs.

And I couldn't move. I couldn't move weight one side to the other.

I had a lot more fun in surgery last month than on that RDL.

dc

Most horrible, uncomfortable seat I ever sat on in my life, and remember, I started out on a real tractor, out in the field. (Sorta).

It was like sitting in a hole. I have been on country out house seats more comfortable.

And it had wings such that I couldn't put my feet on the ground even tho' I have extremely long legs.

dc

And I thought I was the only person in the country who does not like an RDL. Similar reasons.

dc

And I thought I was the only person in the country who does not like an RDL. Similar reasons.

I took a test ride a couple of years ago on a 1200RT with RDL on it... when I came back from the ride I asked if the stock seat was available.

I was even standing on the pegs, it was that bad.

Different butts for different seats. Definitely not for this skinny arse. YMMV

Well as they say, everyone is different. I'm on my 3rd Russell and same as Terry...most comfortable and durable seat I've ever owned. Yes they have wings, yes they will raise you up about 2 inches, but for me.......all day comfort, all week comfort with 600-700 miles days.

Worst seat on the planet for me...BMW anything...yet some on this board think they are wonderful.

2nd worse seat for me was custom Cee Bailey Seat....yech...sold it.

I had Kontour seat on my K1600 and it was a great seat in hot weather and not bad in the cold either. The Riches seat I had on my last RT was super. Think I'll go that way again.

GT

For the price of a bmw and customer satisfaction they should give you a choice of about three different seats, at least than it would be the person making the right or wrong decision. Just my two cents.

For the price of a bmw and customer satisfaction they should give you a choice of about three different seats, at least than it would be the person making the right or wrong decision. Just my two cents.

On current RT's they do offer three seats - low, standard and high. Not saying the cushioning is any more comfortable...

Archived