IGNORED

Motorcycle Dolly

Dave Stephens

Dave Stephens

Do any of you use a dolly to maneuver your bike around in the garage? I'd like to get one but would like a first hand review prior to buying :)

Thanks!

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Depending upon the finish of your garage floor, you might not need one. I can turn mine 180 degrees very easily and slide it with only light difficulty by keeping the force applied low on the bike.

My experience compels me to guide you away from simply sliding your bike on ANY surface on the center stand. The center stand isn't designed for torsion forces and it will, over time, take it's toll.

I twisted my center stand into a pretzel, and flopped the bike on the garage following similar advice about "gently turning it on the center stand." Cost me one bag and one mirror.

My $.02? Don't do it. Get a dolly. Like this one : http://www.turnabike.com/products/saddle/, or this one: http://www.aerostich.com/tools/maintenance-repairs/bikestands/aerostich-center-stand-dolly.html , or ANYTHING. Just don't make your motorcycle a sit-and-spin on the center stand. You'll pay for it.

Bill_Walker

I bought my brother-in-law one as a gift, to use for his Harley. I can't recall the manufacturer, it's been years, but it's a single rail with a side extension for the kickstand, all on casters, and some cams that lift the ends off the casters for loading. It works great for moving the bike around the garage when space is tight.

Google Power Sports Us. The product is called Park n Move. It's pricey but heavy duty and works perfectly. Garage floor should be pretty smooth. I've had for a year and am able to move my bike easily into tight areas for storage.

cris nitro

My buddy has one for his street glide and he loves it. Built a storage shelf that surrounds it and he just slides the dolly out and 90' and he is out. Very cool.

Google Power Sports Us. The product is called Park n Move. It's pricey but heavy duty and works perfectly. Garage floor should be pretty smooth. I've had for a year and am able to move my bike easily into tight areas for storage.

This is the one I have. I couldn't remember the name, but this is it!

Archived