IGNORED

Battery Powered Vest/Jacket

bulletbill

bulletbill

I'm interested in moving to Battery Powered heated gear. Anybody have experience? Would really like a Vest??

I purchased a vest from a company called Blazewear several years ago. It runs on a LiOn battery with a multi controller. It is an excellent. & versatile piece of kit that I highly recommend. Combined with heated grips & seat I can ride comfortably in the 30s, if it's dry. Has 3 settings, good for ~2-4 hours of heat. It won't cook you, but keeps your core comfy so your hands & feet don't freeze. Light & thin it fits under an armored riding jacket without additional layers. Size it snug for best result. Not as effective as wired, but way cheaper & more convenient.

The bonus is you can wear it skiing, to the football game, hunting etc!

Shaolin Master Sergeant

I have older Gerbings jacket liner and Mobile Warming battery vest. For outright heating capability, the Gerbings is better. I use a Warm N Safe wireless remote for awesome controller function: easily viewed control settings, easy to adjust, just have a power wire running from bike to liner which is easily disconnected when getting off the bike with just minimal amount of wire sticking out the bottom of my Tourmaster Transition jacket. The MW vest works for the core but the heating elements are just upper chest and lower back. 3 heat settings available but they are not easily adjusted while on the bike. Controller has a short lead and stores in the pocket. Since the vest will be inside a jacket, it is not instantly accessible. You can buy 2 batteries if you need it for a longer ride. For milder Texas winters, the vest may be the saner choice.

Archived