IGNORED

3M dual lock ?

greenrider

Does anybody know where I can get 4 small pieces of 3M dual lock (its like velco on steroids)

I'm in Ontario and I can only find it being sold in 15ft pieces which costs over $100.

Or maybe you know of another product that will do the same thing.

I want to attach something similar to a Lanimar lip to my wind shield.

Thanks

szurszewski

Fred Meyer, which probably won't help you, usually has it down here. Fred Meyer is a sort of one stop shopping groceries, clothing, housewares, and some light tools/auto supplies and a lot of house paint kind of deal. Anything like that up there? Canadian Tire? That's where I'd look, but I'm always looking for a reason to go to Canadian Tire.

I have my doubts that the adhesive will hold in the wind pressure and vibration a laminar lip is exposed to, your best bet will be Home Hardware (not Home Depot). For example:

2 pack 1x3 inch clear reusable extreme fastener

Rant on:

I can get 5x the selection of stainless steel metric hardware and these kind of fasteners at any size Ace Hardware or Home Depot across the border in Kalispell. Kalispell has 1/20th the population of Calgary. Canadian hardware stores, electrical suppliers and fabric/craft stores suck by comparison to their US corporate affiliates for selection. BUT, Calgary has 10x better selection for photography equipment and supplies than much larger cities I have been in in the US like Seattle and Phoenix. There is a local fastener shop that has a fantastic selection of stainless metric hardware, but they only sell in lots of 12 or more.

:Rant off

Mike Cassidy

Hank R1200RT

+1 on the Cee Bailey. They are made for attaching clear plastic bits to the front of motorcycles. The other suggestions may be fine, but why gamble? A laminar lip deciding to come off while riding might not be fun...

The Aerostich might be fine, too, but I have personal experience with the Cee Bailey.

Best regards,

szurszewski
+1 on the Cee Bailey. They are made for attaching clear plastic bits to the front of motorcycles. The other suggestions may be fine, but why gamble? A laminar lip deciding to come off while riding might not be fun...

The Aerostich might be fine, too, but I have personal experience with the Cee Bailey.

Best regards,

On the Cee Bailey's website, that stuff on the right looks exactly like 3M Dual Lock one could buy from any number of places (as listed above); I assume that it is in fact the same stuff that they have precut. As such, while I think it's a good product, I don't see why one would be better buying it there over any other vendor. It's nice that they have cut it into perfect little pieces, but the price seems high, and other than the shape it's been cut into, it's not really made for moto use any more than the same product sold elsewhere.

Bill_Walker
I have my doubts that the adhesive will hold in the wind pressure and vibration a laminar lip is exposed to, your best bet will be Home Hardware (not Home Depot)....

I've had an Aeroflow headlight shield held onto my 1150RT by 3M Dual-Lock for years. The adhesive shows no signs of giving up.

Archived