IGNORED

Sargent seat?

TrickLidz

Ordered front w/heat on 6/15. Scheduled delivery is 6/23. Good turnaround from the folks at Sargent.

Now to see how it rides.

Not for that model, but I rode down to Jacksonville for a fitting at the Sargent shop last year. I genuinely don't believe a custom seat is "custom" if you don't have it fit; otherwise, it's hit or miss. It's not perfect, but pretty good, and the first time my butt can ride farther than my bladder. With an Alaska Leather sheepskin, plus a bit of foam I secured from an upholstery shop, it's just about perfect.

sheep%25252Bfoam%252520-%252520Edited.JPG

buttpad.JPG

Ordered front w/heat on 6/15. Scheduled delivery is 6/23. Good turnaround from the folks at Sargent.

Now to see how it rides.

Wow, you must have been order #1. I called right after they opened on the 15th and don't have an estimated delivery date. :mad:

I've had several and they are pretty good. Much much better than stock OEM but probably not as comfy as RDL

:thumbsup:

My '07 RT has a non-heated front only seat and it has been on several 10+ hr rides with no problems. I could only last 200mi on the OEM and the soreness pretty much starts from the get go. I liked the fact that Sargent seat comes with a seat pan and my OEM can go back on at any time (like cold weather).

Don't know about the seat for the '14-'15 bikes, but on my '99 RT, the Sargent (low) seat is very, very good. Butt discomfort isn't a limiting factor in my rides, I tire out long before my keister gets uncomfortable.

I think saddles are like bikes themselves. Some like XYZ and others like ABC. I have read good things about Sargent and others. I received my first BMW, an R1100R, with an RDL and loved every second of it. I remember riding the first ride on it saying aloud to myself in the helmet, "WOW, I get it. BMW's are great." Years later I purchased my 05RT and with a stock seat and after 1/2 hour saying, "WOW, this seat sucks!!!" I'm back on an RDL and love life again. All the best with the Sargent and I hope you are as happy with it as I am with my RDL.

I have a Sargent for my '09 RT. It gets me about 30 more minutes seat time before the pain sets in versus OEM. That's about a tank of fuel, 250-ish miles, maybe 3 1/2 hrs total. I need the Russell Day Long for my tail.

it'll fit, I'll sell you mine, it seen maybe 1,000 miles of use. If not, good luck.

Kind of a difficult question due to individual preferences (to wit, I wouldn't have another RDL if it were given to me) but still worth asking before you buy. I've had Corbin, RDL, BMW Comfort, and Sargent. I have two hexheads now, each with a Sargent, and I find them to be the best of the bunch in terms of all-around comfort.

roadscholar
Kind of a difficult question due to individual preferences (to wit, I wouldn't have another RDL if it were given to me) but still worth asking before you buy. I've had Corbin, RDL, BMW Comfort, and Sargent. I have two hexheads now, each with a Sargent, and I find them to be the best of the bunch in terms of all-around comfort.

+1

Being in the same town I frequent them regularly. Sargent seats are different for every model, by that I mean they have some great seats, some good seats, and some average ones. I've found their G650, F650 and F800GS seats are avg. to good but better than stock. The 1200RT seat is good, the 1150RT seat is really good. K1200GT (06+) is only average. The 1150GS and 1200GS seats are great. Their DR650 seat is pretty darn good and their KLR seat is just excellent! Whenever I have them make a custom seat it's the one I try to get them to emulate.

Haven't tried the wethead seats yet, and again just one butt's opinion, YMMV and probably will.

TracerBullet

Now to see how it rides.

Wow, you must have been order #1. I called right after they opened on the 15th and don't have an estimated delivery date. :mad:

Same here called 5 minutes after opening and I don't have a date yet

I haven't found a good seat yet, just relatively good seats compared to one another. I have a Sargent, Corbin and the stock torture device. I exchanged seats with Glenn Reed at the UN for a ride and I admit his RDL was better but not perfect for me. On the trip home(driving and trailering the bike) I had time to consider why I could drive in the truck for hours and couldn't ride for more than 20 minutes without pain. I concluded a few things. 1. The contour of the seat completely dissimilar to the bike seat. 2. I was sitting rocked back on my gluts not rocked forward on my ischial tuberosities of my hip bones. This is the lowest bony area of your hip bones and between your legs. 3. The seats to some relative degree slide you forward to place pressure on those hip bones and not your cheeks. 4. I have shorter arms and have to reach forward to the handlebars exacerbating the forward tilt of the hip bones. The solution for me is to resolve these issues. I will be taping my arms to a chin up bar for several hours every day and hang until my arms lengthen. Oh, wait that won't work.:)

I'll get bar backs. I'll try to find a seat with a backward tilt so I slide back not forward. I think, for me, I need a seat with a hollow for my butt and not a flat seating area. What do you think? Any validity to my observations?

The Rocketman

I have had the same issues for years, but most of my discomfort comes from my tailbone rubbing on the seat.

Saddlemen has this Adventure Track Seat, which looks like it would alleviate the issue. Except its only made for specifics bikes, of which I don't have those. They can build a custom seat for my bike(s) for upwards of $700. That cost could hurt worse than my existing seat.

saddlemen%20seat_zps7yqoklgs.jpg

http://www.saddlemen.com/adventure-track-seat-1-pc-2up-f-series-bmw

The Rocketman

If you add up what I spent for an RDL, Rick Mayer & several custom seats for my R1200C, perhaps a $700 investment before I started all that stupidity might have been worth it. Too late now. Brazilian butt cheek implants may have been cheaper.

Archived