IGNORED

Ram X Mount

RPG

Anyone have a homemade solution for the rotating Ram Mount system?

I bought an X Mount to hold my IPhone to the clutch master cylinder cover on my '04 RT. When you open the X mount to accommodate the phone, the mount then allows the phone to rotate 20 or 30 degrees on it's own, which is sort of annoying.

Other than some jury rigging, just wondering what others have done.

btw, RAM offers no solution.

thanks,

RPG

I have had one of those for years and have used it on both a dirt bike and street bike. Yes it rotates as you state but, I have never notice it being a problem...

Chilly_Willy

I find that the tilt doesn't bother me. At least so far. (I've only been using the Ram for a week or so.)

But a friend's solution seemed pretty easy: slap a bit of velcro in the middle of the ram mount, and a bit of the opposite velcro on the backside of your phone. When you put your phone on the mount, you have both the x arms and the velcro holding onto your phone, for a little extra security. And no rotation.

Couple years with the X mount, it does have the rotate feature. Can't imagine it being annoying but, ok.

Mine seems to "settle" in one spot after riding, I bet you could just rotate the whole thing until the settling place is found then it will always be in he same place, no?

But yes, a piece of sticky velcro over the slot not allowing it to rotate would work too.

Archived