IGNORED

CB Comunication ?

APDDave

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on weather this can be done. I have the BMW Comm Bluetooth system in my Shuberth helmet for my 2015 RT. I am going on a trip this fall with a friend on his Goldwing and he has the CB radio system built in. I want to find some way to talk with him on the ride, does someone make a handheld CB radio that could somehow be used to hook into my Bluetooth system and communicate with him. I have looked and not been able to find anything so far.

I do not know of any CB that supports bluetooth. Neither do I have a suggestion to get your hemet BT system to integrate with something that supports a CB.

It would be cool if there was a BT transceiver out there that supported a headset on the BT side and hard wire for the mic and speaker on the CB side. This with a PTT and you would be there...

I'll take a look at J&M...

check out the Sena SR10 - BT 2-way radio adaptor...

I had forgotten about this but it came back as I was poking around J&M...

With the SR10, you could have your smart-phone via BT, the Alpine out (FM/SAT/GPS), the CB, and radar all integrated together. This assume that there is a stereo port other than Aux2 (for the smart-phone)....

There are only 2 ports in addition to the 2-way port. Aux1 is 3 pole (stereo) and Aux2 is 4 pole (stereo+mic, smart-phone)....

Greetings APDDave. I have been using CB communication for quite a while using two Sena Bluetooth devices. My setup is a Sena SMH10 helmet device paired to a Sena SR10 bluetooth hub that is wired to a Cobra 38 WXST handheld CB that easily runs on battery power. The Sena SR10 also comes with a PTT button that plugs into a side port on the SR10. If you can pair your Suberth Comm system to the SR10, you're in business. The Cobra comes with a short rubber antenna that is good for a mile or so in range. You will need to somehow mount the CB to your handlebars or possibly carry it in a tank bag as a temporary arrangement.

J&N also sells a CB setup that is wired to helmet speakers. Your problem may be in where and how to mount the system on your handlebars.

Good luck!

Archived