IGNORED

SENA 20S Questions for the SENA savy

Daveyator

Hi all. New 2015 RT with radio obviously. Dual set of SENA 20S headsets. Pairing has gone "okay" but I'm having operational issues not addressed by the manual and I didn't see much here. First I can't seem to get the voice recognition to work very well. The "hey sena" command does nothing (yes the VOX option is on and yes I realize that intercom nullifies VOX). I do have limited success tapping and/or pushing the voice button. I also can't answer a call with just my voice as per the instructions, I to ALWAYS tap the jog button. Again appears to be some issue with VOX which again I'm reasonably sure is enabled. When attempting to music share I've managed to inadvertently launch the music from my phone instead. When I shut off the music from the phone I can't get the bikes radio to reconnect to the headset without turning the bikes radio on and off (sometimes more than once is required). in other words the headset loses pairing with the bikes radio and then doesn't auto reconnect when the higher priority function that turned it off is finished if that makes any sense. Finally the parts guy at my dealer said you may not want to pair your GPS unless you really want GPS alerts....go or bad idea? I haven't tried it yet but he said the alerts constantly interrupt as opposed to not interfere like the manual says they won't. Also I think I know the answer to this one but since BMW uses BT 2.0 and I guess the rest of the world is up to BT 4.0 thats why you can't pair helmet 1 and helmet 2 using the BT prompts on the radio. It seems to be BMWs way of forcing you to buy a Schuberth helmet (unless you want to go on a mining expedition in your $600+ Arai or other better fitting than Schubert helmet) so you can use their com system. Anyway sorry if this rambled and thanks in advance for any comments or answers.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

First, sort of miss Chapman Heights down there and sort of don't. Moved back to norcal 10 years ago after 18 months down there. A bit dry.

It seems that BT is more of a paradigm than an actual language. I just did the SM10 thing tapping into the extra wires on a 2012 for rear speakers. You can do the same with the front speakers should you wish to go that route. I haven't had any issues with the SM10 approach but, haven't completely linked the phone to play music, etc.

Call Sena for help to get everything to work. I messed around for a month until I gave up and made the call. Now everything works as designed. Now when I turn the key on everything connects. GT

I have the same setup. First pair the S20 headsets for intercom use. (RTFM) then pair your phone via bluetooth for making/taking calls. Then pair the bike audio for FM, Satellite radio, or aux input. (The best audio is from a flash drive in the USB input) I don't pair the GPS to the S20. It tends to distort the audio, over complicate the pairing, and frankly I don't like to be nagged into making turns that I can plainly see on the Nav V. Yes, you will sometimes need to turn the bike audio off and on to hear the music. I had the most consistent success by first powering up the bike with the radio on and the GPS in the cradle but not snapped in, iPhone on, then powering up the S20. It would automatically pair with #1 phone, #2 bike media, then I would snap the GPS in to the mount. The intercom when engaged automatically overrides everything. I hope this makes sense. It's late, and I've had wine.

I have the same setup. First pair the S20 headsets for intercom use. (RTFM) then pair your phone via bluetooth for making/taking calls. Then pair the bike audio for FM, Satellite radio, or aux input. (The best audio is from a flash drive in the USB input) I don't pair the GPS to the S20. It tends to distort the audio, over complicate the pairing, and frankly I don't like to be nagged into making turns that I can plainly see on the Nav V. Yes, you will sometimes need to turn the bike audio off and on to hear the music. I had the most consistent success by first powering up the bike with the radio on and the GPS in the cradle but not snapped in, iPhone on, then powering up the S20. It would automatically pair with #1 phone, #2 bike media, then I would snap the GPS in to the mount. The intercom when engaged automatically overrides everything. I hope this makes sense. It's late, and I've had wine.

I had had some scotch so that's why I was rambling! Thanks I think I'm pretty close to this level of functioning. Curious as to why you think not snapping in the GPS helps thing? I did read on the SENA boards that the voice commands are iffy and will maybe be addressed in a future firmware update.

Archived