IGNORED

SiriusXM Activation

narcosis

I was thinking it might be nice to have SiriusXM when I head out to FART next month so I looked into activation on my buyback 2014 RT. I was pleasantly surprised when I set up an account and registered that a one year free subscription appeared. It never occurred to me that a bike originally sold over a year ago would still be eligible.

Just thought I’d share in case anyone else had a similar situation and thoughts.

Ken

Just remember to cancel before the year is out if you don't want to continue or they'll automatically charge you for another year. If you do want to keep it, call them about a week before it expires and tell them you want to cancel because it costs too much. They'll offer you a deal, like a year for $79, to keep you. Works every time...so far, any way.

Thanks for the tips/advice. As I was registering, their website software glitched and they never got my credit card info. Maybe a little extra leverage should I decide to keep it next year.

Ken

The best advice is not to do business with them! They are the most devious company I have ever delt with. GT

Then you have never dealt with SPOT. Threatened me with collection action if I didn't give them a card #. When I explained to a supervisor that I was on several forums where their users or potential users were active and I would be glad to let everyone know about their business practices, they quickly changed their tune.

They think they can bully people into paying for service.

Archived