IGNORED

Bluetooth phones that will work with a Zumo

kellenbenz

I spent the better part of 2 days trying to find information on which Bluetooth phones will work with my Zumo 660 and connect through the Sena 20S.

I was looking for a very basic phone (cheap)....and it needed to be ATT GO Phone compatible. After going through all phones around the house I found the only one that worked was a Sony Erikson Z221.

If anyone reading this would reply with their Zumo situation we could have a list that would help people.

The Sony worked in all aspects....address book transfer etc.

Ron

I don't have an answer for you. A good source of information would be ZumoForums They have a whole section this subject.

I spent several hours on a few threads on the Zumo forums....only to find many threads of phones that did not work. I think it should be Garmin's responsibility to provide a thorough list of phones that will work to include older phones They do have a list but it is nowhere complete and only mentions current smart phones.

I think it should be Garmin's responsibility to provide a thorough list of phones that will work to include older phones They do have a list but it is nowhere complete and only mentions current smart phones.

Do you have any idea how many "older" phones there are still floating around? It would be virtually impossible for anyone to list them, let alone test them, let alone stand behind that test. Can you imagine the outcry if one was falsely listed as being "compatible"? "I paid $X00 for a Zumo because you said it would be compatible with my 8 year old Nokia, and it's not! I want my money back!"

In theory, that's why there are standards like Bluetooth - so no one has to test compatibility with every possible device. In practice it doesn't always work. You would be better off asking on the Zumo forum, the Garmin forum, and various other MC forums, if anyone has experience with your particular phone.

Pete

'04 K1200GT (for sale)

'06 R1200RT

I think it should be Garmin's responsibility to provide a thorough list of phones that will work to include older phones They do have a list but it is nowhere complete and only mentions current smart phones.

Do you have any idea how many "older" phones there are still floating around? It would be virtually impossible for anyone to list them, let alone test them, let alone stand behind that test. Can you imagine the outcry if one was falsely listed as being "compatible"? "I paid $X00 for a Zumo because you said it would be compatible with my 8 year old Nokia, and it's not! I want my money back!"

In theory, that's why there are standards like Bluetooth - so no one has to test compatibility with every possible device. In practice it doesn't always work. You would be better off asking on the Zumo forum, the Garmin forum, and various other MC forums, if anyone has experience with your particular phone.

Pete

'04 K1200GT (for sale)

'06 R1200RT

Pete

I guess the other side of the coin is....if you advertise something you build to be able to function in a certain way.....it should...or you should specify any drawbacks to that. Garmin says:

"Keep In Touch

The zūmo 660 features Bluetooth® wireless technology so you can stay in touch while you're on the move. With it, you’re free to safely talk on your phone without having to remove your gloves or helmet. Simply connect your zūmo 660 to your Bluetooth-enabled headset or helmet and then pair with your cellphone to make and receive calls on the go. You can also call POIs through the zūmo’s Bluetooth interface — perfect for last-minute change of plans or a quick pit stop for food and fuel. And with spoken street names functionality, the zūmo 660 will also transmit voice prompts to your headset for wireless and worry-free navigation."

in their ad and it is not true.

Ron

Archived