IGNORED

after market windshield

jimmac

I am a new BMW rider, have a 2005 1200 ST. I really enjoy the way it handles but the wind protection is less than I prefer. Does anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket windshield. This is my first post, dont know if I posted to the right location but sure would appreciate some feedback.

Congrats on your new bike and welcome!

Given that the ST was limited production and not many imported(2005-2007),you may have some difficulty finding things,except on Ebay.etc. and new supplies are slowly drying up the further out from production we get.

Try looking for Ztechnik or Givi or Cee Baileys or Aeroflow.

These are the big names in aftermarket BMW screens.

I really liked the ST,was an update to the earlier 1100-1150RS(I had an 1100RS) models,but lot of folks were not sold on the styling.

JR356

I have a 2005 ST. I put a Parabellum windshield on it. It was amazing how much better it made the ride. Better control of overhead wind and pretty much eliminated the buffeting from large vehicles. I tried a couple of others along the way, but nothing was the change that I gained from the Parabellum.

Z Technik still offers one. It's stock height I think at 12" but 19" wide . The shape of the Z Technik does the change in turbulence .

The ST, locally anyway was a failure. We only sold 2 I think.

The styling of the headlight was a but different but the real deal breaker was that the RT came with bags, the ST, one had to buy them putting the total price a chunk higher than the RT. It didn't add up for a lot of people.

Archived