IGNORED

anyone ride with the dog?

elkroeger

We have a couple of pugs and no car. The dogs stay home, except for trips to the vet, where they travel in a regular dog crate (big enough for both dogs) attached to the rear seat. It's cumbersome, and like I said, they stay home.

I saw this pet ego bag contraption (looks like it might be too small though). They have a motorcycle attachment for use as a tank bag. Anyone tried it? Any other ideas?

Pet Ego link

That looks like a more contained version of a Beast Rider - and way less expensive. (There is a used Beast Rider on ADV right now for something close to half list price.)

http://www.beastriders.com/

Do the pugs like riding? One of our dogs loves it and one is not so crazy about it...(they both ride in the sidecar now, through the Australian shepherd used to ride in front of me when we had snow machines, and my first dog used to ride in the tankbag when he was a tiny pup - he wasn't too crazy about it either).

My Lhasa Apso rides with me; We use this.

My crate straps to the bitch seat which has the advantage of giving her wind protection via my body. I also have an electrically heated pad for those cool days.

Make certain that there is enough room for yours to lie down, and of course that it fastens securely. Expect to get your picture taken a lot :grin:

My crate straps to the bitch seat which has the advantage of giving her wind protection via my body.

That's the first time I've seen that phrasing on this forum - but I think it's also the first thread I've read here about strapping dogs to bikes.... that's probably it :)

well, technically we're talking about dogs, so she's a bitch. Thus, bitch seat. :-)

I wonder how many other times I can gratuitously use that word....

thanks for the ideas guys.

Yes - that's the joke I was going for too. I'm just not good at expressing humor on here. Mostly I can't even tell if I'm trying to be funny.

You and me both!

I've actually caused myself some problems at work because co-workers think I'm serious when I say something ridiculous. I've learned to rein it in, but not completely.

Archived