IGNORED

BMS Saddles

walton66

I just got an email about a $100 discount for a BMS saddle during March. No affiliation other than being a very satisfied customer for one of his seats on my 2013RT.

Over the years I've heard many good experiences with Rocky and his saddles. I had a rough experience with BMS in 2014, so even though I'm in the market for a new saddle (new bike)and he is local to me, I'm going the Russell RDL route.

YMMV of course

Krista Wright

I've had horrible luck with BMS/Rocky. I would highly suggest NOT doing business with him. His word means nothing, and the material that he makes his seats with costs a total of about $5. One can do a whole lot better than BMS. RDL, Laam, and Kontour to name a few.

I've had horrible luck with BMS/Rocky. I would highly suggest NOT doing business with him. His word means nothing, and the material that he makes his seats with costs a total of about $5. One can do a whole lot better than BMS. RDL, Laam, and Kontour to name a few.

Are you possibly confusing Rocky with Rick? My last BMS saddle had over 110k miles on it before it started showing the effects of "wear and tear". I'm sure the material used costs much more than $5.

We both are very happy with our BMS saddles. Mine in basket weave pattern vinyl while Gary's is leather. 4 years from new they still look and feel great. We did a ride in and the fit was perfect. He and his team want to make a great saddle

Met him in Daytona over a decade ago.

Nice, professional, saddle felt excellent in bench test.

I've tested two of his seats - one for the Hexhead RT in BMW ON, and another for the Wethead for an upcoming Rider article. I gave both my highest ratings. Me thinks any naysayers are confusing BMS with "the other Mayer."

-MKL

Krista Wright

Are you possibly confusing Rocky with Rick? My last BMS saddle had over 110k miles on it before it started showing the effects of "wear and tear". I'm sure the material used costs much more than $5.

Nope. I did a ride in to Rocky's place in Ojai. After my test ride, I told Rocky about a pressure point the seat had. He said after break in it will go away. 5000 miles later it didn't go away so I did another ride in for the free touch up he offers. Guess what? It doesn't apply to ride ins. $175 please. Paid it, reluctantly, and the seat was no better.

Someone who doesn't stand behind their product isn't someone that I want to do business with.

BMS gave me great service. I can only compare it to the OEM saddle though. It lets me ride all day. And the ride in and ride out was beautiful. How much more convenient can it be?

I posted earlier in the thread and there was a post about naysayers confusing Rick and Rocky.

I was a ride-in customer at the current Ventura CA shop. I expressed a problem to the shaper after the test ride that was dismissed (not enough foam under sit-bones). Weeks later when I emailed and asked about an adjustment to add some more cushion, I was told to let it break in more! Needless to say the bottoming only got worse with time and I removed the saddle after a few months. I should note that Rocky was not at the shop when my saddle was built, but he was the one who answered my emails.

As I said before, just my experience and others have had both good and less than good. I have no ill-will toward anyone. Items as subjective as seats will never please everyone.

YMMV

Archived