IGNORED

LED Daytime Running Lights

Haynes

fourteenfour

Cannot give you a budget price, but I just had Clearwater's Darla lights added to my 2015 R1200RTW. I had them mounted above the jugs. I had their brake light added as well. 2600 lumens each.

Now all I need to do is get a good aim on them. Cars don't flash me but when on high it appears they light the road really strongly right in front of the bike though it does light down the road.

Do people aim them level with mount or slightly down?

If you want a front light for visibility to oncoming traffic, I am convinced the Skene P3's are something you should consider. There patented "flicker" ( nothing like a headlight that pulses ) seems effective. Low power draw, small and easy to mount. NOT a source for extra lighting at night.

No affiliation. Just very pleased with the front and flashing rear products I bought from them.

If you want a front light for visibility to oncoming traffic, I am convinced the Skene P3's are something you should consider. There patented "flicker" ( nothing like a headlight that pulses ) seems effective. Low power draw, small and easy to mount. NOT a source for extra lighting at night.

No affiliation. Just very pleased with the front and flashing rear products I bought from them.

Photon front and P3 in the rear. They work! Look up skenelighting.con

GT

I bit the bullet at the MOA rally in Billings and had Clearwater Krista's installed with amber lens covers. They run at 30% during the day, and 100% on high beam. They are amazing lights and integrate with the "wonder wheel". I commute daily in LA, and since I added them, NO ONE has cut me off in traffic. Not once. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe they make me hard to ignore.

+2

I first saw these last Fall at FART. Jake had the Skeen yellow led's (photon blasters) and I was AMAZED at how well they caught my attention - way more so than normal white triangulated lights. I can't overstate the illuminating impact of those lights.

One of my Winter projects was to replace my very bright fork mounted PIAA 1200's with the Skeen Photon Blasters. As mentioned, they have a patented feature that when viewed from any direction but straight on, they 'flicker' drawing attention to themselves and helping with jumping out in folks peripheral vision.

I went HID with my headlights to replace the PIAA's

Check them out: http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/PB_Features.shtml

I have Moto Lights on my RT. They take a standard MR16 bulb available online or at any hardware/building supply store. I ordered some LED replacements that work great.

Photon blasters on the front of my 85 K100 naked. Guy pulls over in front of me on small road and waves me over...said he, "I really like the way your lights flicker and saw them out of the corner of my eyes".

Will be putting a set on my new to me 2013 R1200RT Anniversary, along with a advmonster #30 on left side for the tight beam, and a #40 on the right for more lumens and wider spread. Yea, they'll see me all right.

Guy pulls over in front of me on small road and waves me over...said he, "I really like the way your lights flicker and saw them out of the corner of my eyes".

Co-worker told me the same as we arrived at work one morning. Coming from opposite directions, with a slight s-bend in the middle (not head-on) his eyes were drawn to me from about 3/4 mile away in bright daylight.

Unfortunately, I have never personally seen another bike on the road with Photon Blasters, so I guess it's just hearsay. :/

The flickering of these little leds react with your peripheral vision that has rods to compare shadows better than the cones do in the centers of your eyes (cones are more for color). A perfect example would be if you were in a dark room. If you looked straight ahead the large amount of cones in the center of your eyes would block your vision, but if you looked out of the corner of your eyes (less cones to block light) the rods would allow you to see better.

I have looked straight at my photo blasters and noticed a littleflickering, but when I look out of the corner of my eyes...WOW.

Thank you everyone for all your input. I'll pursue each of your suggestions and any others that come to light. :/

I'll be sure to post my choice and pictures of the process.

The Skene P3 (rear)/Photon Blaster (front) system also has my vote.

this!!!!

same combo i have on my bike. awesome!

20160127_221022.jpg

20151121_165123.jpg

Cannot give you a budget price, but I just had Clearwater's Darla lights added to my 2015 R1200RTW. I had them mounted above the jugs. I had their brake light added as well. 2600 lumens each.

Now all I need to do is get a good aim on them. Cars don't flash me but when on high it appears they light the road really strongly right in front of the bike though it does light down the road.

Do people aim them level with mount or slightly down?

If I recall correctly, the manufacturer says you should mount them so that the front lens is perpendicular to the ground when you're sitting on the bike.

I have a set of Darla Clearwater LED lights arriving in the next day or so. I'll post when they're fitted and tested.

The Clearwater Darla lights arrived in a week and were fitted within hours of their arrival. It was all easy.

Last night I took my first night-ride. These lights are amazing and I'm stunned at the brightness of such a small diameter light.

I stopped the bike and stood in front of the high beam headlight. It barely made a difference as the Darla lights were supplying almost all the light.

LED_Lights_zpsmlf0it0e.jpg

Archived