IGNORED

Replacement windshield R1150RT

Bob Boro

Hi! I'm thinking about getting a larger windshield for my 2003 R1150RT. I installed a used Sargent seat, which I really like but now I sit too high for the stock windshield. I am 5'11" tall, average build. What replacement windshield should I consider buying? Sizes, styles, measurements, etc? Thanks!!

For me it depended on the time of year. Summer months I used factory tall shield which allows air to come in the sides to keep me cool but pushed air over my helmet so no buffeting. Winter use i have the aeroflo tall-wide that has a mild reverse lip that kicks all wind around and over me. I'm 6 2 with 34 inseam. You can see pics of shields on the MOA marketplace (bike totaled by deer last month).

Good luck on your search.

Bob,

I've got a Cee Bailey #2 +2.5 Euro. I'm 6'0" and the windshield adjustment gives me plenty of options for the correct amount of air given summer/winter temperature swings.

I really don't know how much better it would be than stock, since my bike had it on when I bought it. I will say that the Euro cut will give you some distortion at the top edge of the shield, as it has a lip on it. But, I always look over it. YMMV.

added: FWIW, I'm on a Sargent seat as well. Middle position.

Shiny Side Up

I have a Cee Bailey as well and really like it over the stock windscreen. 6' tall here... and "mighty" good look'n... LOL!

Shiny Side Up

Bob,

I have the Cee Bailey #2 Reverse Contour - Euro - same as Mr. greiffster

For me, the Cee Bailey pushes the air up over the top of my helmet and helps keep the bugs and rain out of my face.

At the lowest adjusted position, it's just right for me to see over the top of the windscreen and get some wind circulation.

If you go to their website, they have a page to help determine the best option for height and width.

I had 2 Cee Bailys . Great discount working at a dealership.

When the V Stream by Z technic/ National Cycle came out, I tried one and the CB's I gave away.

They make two heights and a satisfaction guarantee too.

Check the width of the ZT at the top. That makes all the difference .

Archived