IGNORED

Would like to see it fly

walton66

I didn't know you could power a plane like that. Under 800 pounds? Astounding! Must cost a fortune, that reminds me I have to get a lottery ticket.

MT Wallet

If I was a pilot and had the money it would take to buy it, I'd have to have one. Purty plane.

Marty Hill

I am a pilot but lack the $. Life is rarely perfect. Looks like a very interesting bird.

I watched. Interesting but unless I misunderstood they were talking about running the engine at 12000RPM continuous with gear reduction for the fan to 8000. For as long as I can remember there has been a debate over using car engines in lieu of airplane engine and why airplanes engines don't go as long between overhauls. There are lots of reason but generally speaking an airplane engine runs at 75% for most of its life. Car engine usually around 25% for a few hours.

I don't know if I want to be strapped in with any engine running 100% all the time. Imagine taking your boxer engine out and running red line for say 4 hours...guessing that would not hold up.

I might have misunderstood......and by the way, I have s few flights in an L39. You too can get a flight if you live in California near Livermore. Just bring tons of cash...

http://www.attitudeaviation.com/l39.html

Archived