IGNORED

Clearwater Sevina lights

Stbell

Does anyone have experience with Clearwater Sevina lights? I have the Ericas and was wondering if I should look at upgrading to the Sevina. Just curious if it is worth it. Thanks in advance.

Aren't your Erica's adequate? I find the Darla's at 2000 lumens more than adequate for me. Can't imagine throwing 7500 lumens down the highway.

The Erica's are awesome. I really like them. When I was at our local BMW store here in AZ, they had a display with all of the Clearwater lights. With this display you could compare each light next to another light. I compared the Sevina to the Erica both on dim and full power. The Sevina was fairly brighter at full power and that got me wondering. My lights are mounted on my engine guard of my RT. My concerns were that it might be too bright going with the Sevina. I guess I like to light up the night when I ride. Just curious if anyone has had experience with them.

Thanks

moshe_levy

My review of the Sevinas should be out very soon in Motorcycle Consumer News. Bottom line is they're a great addition to the Ericas, but they're not wide floods - they're actually powerful spot lamps. So, to give you an idea of what they look like, here's the stock headlamp (I have a yellow tinted bulb on the low beam here):

Figure%203_zpsvnjw1cji.jpg

And here are the Sevinas on - notice the thin, long range beam. Very different from the wide flood of the Ericas:

Figure%204_zpsbjbsrqgw.jpg

If you want to go for it, go for it. If you had to buy one, the Erica is more useful day to day. But angled outward, the Sevinas are a force of nature lighting up the side of the roadways where the animals and debris lurk at night.....

-MKL

moshe_levy

No problemo. The MCN article came out today. They published a photo of the light itself, but not the beam pattern I posted above. So, there you have it.

-MKL

CruisinCruzan

On my GTL I have a Sevina on the left and an Erica on the right, wanted a little more throw with a narrower beam going down the middle of the road and slightly wider beam on the right. Ordered it that way so I cannot compare to a straight Erica set up, but what I have works for me.

Interesting. I never considered having a Sevina on one side and a Erica on the other side. I will have to look into that. Thanks

CruisinCruzan

Another option to consider is the Hella Micro DE xenons. I had them on my '06 RT hung from the mirrors and preferred them to the Sevina/Erica combo, smaller, much better beam pattern, and excellent light volume, especially considering the size. Didn't come up with a suitable mount for my GTL so I got the Clearwaters.

Archived