IGNORED

Yet another earplug speaker thread....

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

Has anyone ever seen or heard of these? I came across them on Facebook. I know, I know... always buyer beware. I guess I just wondered if there was any info on them out there between us friends.

Shawn

greiffster

No info specific to that model/brand. But, I'm leary of any earbud being that much better than another without Active Noise Reduction.

Lone_RT_rider
Do they exist yet?

Valid point. It looks like a startup trying to pre-sell and pay for their tooling up front. We shall seeeeee..... :)

Interesting.. I have a set of S-Plugs I use when I want to have ear buds in (other times I just use foam ear plugs with helmet speakers). I'm pretty happy with the S-Plugs but I bought them on a recommendation from a friend who used them (plus I had the chance to touch/feel/try them out at the motorcycle show in Chicago).

S-Plugs

I find it interesting that the price difference between ordering in advance and ordering *after* they ship is 80 bucks. I've shied away from crowd funding because of the number of products I've seen that never ships. They aren't crowd funding, so you could go back and push against your credit card company if they don't deliver, but you really don't know if they are as great as they say they are until after you pay and wait a few months for delivery.

I remember when the earl navigation device was announced on crowd funding. I almost paid into it since it looked like a perfect motorcycle companion, but thought I would wait and see if it materialized (note - it never did... )

Earl Backcountry Nav

Great_Kubuki

S-Plugs were brilliant, with good sound and comfort. Could have been a marvelous alternative and suggestion to expensive custom monitors......However, repair costs and durability are not reasonable. S-Plug lady wanted $80 to repair a pair that died within year of purchase and used only a couple months while other monitors were being repaired. S-Plug cost when I bought them new was $135.

The Four year old $375 customs were fixed for around $50. S-plugs went into trash. I will stay with companies that stand behind their toys and are a bit more reasonable.

Archived