IGNORED

Reduced Prices on Clearwater Lights (or, "The $39 Scratch")

Mike

Clearwater lights are pretty darned amazing, but they're pricey. Their new website is active and they've added a tab called Andy's Corner, displaying fully functional but aesthetically challenged products. I just got a Billie Brake Light, normally $149, for $110. Somehow the frame got scratched. I fixed it (with a permanent black marker) within two minutes of opening the package. I haven't installed it yet, but I presume that it will work perfectly. If the marker repair wears off, I'll touch it up with a wee bit of paint (assuming I notice it).

Keep this in mind as a possible option if you're looking to buy Clearwater products, but find the normal list prices a little bit daunting. The offerings are pretty limited, but if you can live with a minor ding you may be able to save a few bucks. If you look closely at the lower left corner of the frame, you can see the horrific damage that led to the $39 price reduction:

BillieBrake_Scratched_grande.jpg

The Billie is awesome! Since my 2015 RT doesn't have central locking I could not get the brake light for my top case. The Billie was an excellent alternative. Very bright and is programmable. A few scratches is no big deal and it appears you already took care of that. Enjoy the Billie. You won't be disappointed.

realshelby

I believe you can install the BMW brake light into your top case. Even though it is not auto lock equipped. The wiring plug is under your rear seat. I am using that plug for P3 lights as I wanted tail lights as well as brake lights.

Terry

really, I didn't know about that connector and would like to find it. Is it wrapped up with the loom somewhere under there? Standard 4 or 4 pin bmw connector? Thanks

Terry, I have called multiple BMW shops and they all tell me the same thing. Since I don't have central locking on my 2015 RT that the brake light for the top case won't work. If you have another solution I am most interested.

Archived