IGNORED

Cyclops H1 LED lights

JB_Beemer

Hello all. I recently purchased a 2016 BMW R1200RT and I plan on upgrading to LED bulbs for the high and low beams. I read positive reviews about the Cyclops H7 bulb for the low beam. Does anyone have any positive or negative reviews, comments, or issues with the Cyclops H1 LED bulbs for the high beams on 2014-16 BMW R1200RT?

I was very tempted to go to the Cyclops LED, but read several longish, well illustrated reviews (of the H4 version) that were initially enthusiastic, but ultimately recommended against for road use because of poor light pattern management.

Independent Cyclops H4 LED Bulb Review

Summation: This bulb is truly for off-road use only in terms of my applications. I believe the stock halogen is a far superior setup in comparison for the two road-going motorcycles I own and tested the Cyclops LED light with - Honda CB500X, Honda CRF250L.

Cyclops H4 LED 3800 lumen bulb

I received my H4 LED bulb from Cyclops (http://www.cyclopsad...bulb-_p_83.html) a couple weeks back but put off installing it until I could really give it a good test with the old halogen. I'm not concerned about brightness: I have NO doubt it would be bright, but I have serious qualms about running a headlight that is going to blind drivers. Also, it has to put the light ON THE GROUND where you use it.

Very helpful before/after photos in this review suggest that the Cyclops H7 still has light pattern issues: Cyclops LED H7 replacement headlights

Archived