IGNORED

Gear in the saddle bags - better retension idea

mitchntx

I don't care too much for the elastic retention "X" in my side cases. For lighter stuff like a ball cap, hoodie or lunch kit, its no problem.

But bulkier and heavier items like riding gear, boots, a 6 pack of Shiner ... well it just doesn't work too well.

Has anyone altered the inside of the side cases with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Kayak-Loops-Stainless-Steel-Piece/dp/B00BXHUO64/ref=pd_sbs_328_11?ie=UTF8&dpID=41V2p0OGtrL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=G273H7XTCTA3R9QZ638A

71oX5WkP1yL._SL1400_.jpg

They are small, used mostly in the kayaking world. Mount 6 or so with beveled #8 1/2" long wood screws and use a bungee "W" or double "V" vertically instead of an "X".

Those are footman loops used all over the place and come in many different sizes. I had several in the many Jeeps that I owned, two are on the hood of the Jeep from the factory to strap down the windshield.

You can put them in the cases, but you'll still need a strap of some sort to hold the gear down. I've taken my straps out as when I travel, everything I need is in a bag in the case and I use the case as a "knee table" when opening.

Archived