IGNORED

Nelson-Rigg Full Size Cover

narcosis

I'm looking at buying a full size Nelson-Rigg cover and their sizing chart indicates an XXL. The other sizes fall a bit short in the width dimension. Fear that an XXL is way too big.

Anyone have one for an RT with top case? Size?

I sent them an inquiry but I trust you all.

Thanks,

Ken

I agree that the XL UV2000 half cover nicely fits my RT with panniers & 50l Shad top case. Unfortunately, the Nelson-Rigg size chart does not include the half-cover dimensions so that they can be compared to the full covers. It seems that full covers that are wide enough might be much longer than the RT (roughly 87"L x 39"W x 56"H). The covers are not rigid shapes with square corners, so some of the extra length will "wrap" to accommodate the width, but the question becomes "how much?" XXL is clearly too big. I'd be inclined to try a Large, but I would study return policies before picking a retailer.

The photo shows (not really well) an R1100RT with a Nelson Rigg full XL.

It will almost but doesn't quite cover down to the bottom of the plastic under the engine but will reach from

the front of the front fender to the bottom of the rear fender extension.

I used a short locking cable underneath that easily reached from one side to the other.

It's seen several years of use first on a Bonneville America and then the RT.

So it's not brand new by a longshot but has a lot of use left.

I got a 2XL for a big cruiser so I don't use the XL anymore.

You're welcome to it if you want.

If nothing else it will let you know if you really need the larger size.

p1030604a-vi.jpg

I barely get 2 yrs out of my Nelson Rigg before it dies. Have since switched to BMW cover, much nicer IMHO. But heavy for touring. Full cover for work parking, half cover for touring.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this too good to be true?

Yes it is. As P.T. Barnum purportedly said, "There's a sucker born every minute." and this time it was me. The transaction went something like this: As I was looking at the website a pop-up offering assistance appeared. I typed in exactly what I was looking for and was asked to give them a few moments. During those moments I suspect a web page was modified to make it appear that they had the correct cover for my bike. My gut told me something was wrong and I questioned was this page wasn’t available beforehand as it was pretty specific. I was given a plausible explanation and went through with the purchase.

The fit isn't even close. Actually, it won't even go on the bike. They're giving me a refund less a 20% restocking fee. I am furious and the fight isn't over. I hate being deceived.

Sorry for venting. Buyers beware of Seal Skin Covers

Archived