IGNORED

Nolan N91 helmet with the NCOM system

JAllen

Have just purchased a 2011 R1200RT. I have the Nolan N91 helmet and after reading posts about problems people are having with bluetooth linking I don't know if I should take the chance on a purchase of the NCOM nolan system. What I would want to do is link the radio to the helmet with bluetooth. Anyone have experience with the Nolan System.

I've had a couple of Nolan systems. I can't speak to how well it links to bluetooth on the bike, but it works ok in general. I also have a Sena 20s with IMHO is better than the Nolan rig. On the Nolan my battery never lasts a full day of riding, while I've gotten a day and a half from the Sena. Plus I hardwire mine rig except for bluetooth intercom.

On the Nolan rig the other rider always hears your hardwire audio (which you may or may not want). On the Sena you can turn that on or off.

Note - I have the older B4 Nolan unit. Newer units may work differently. Other than the fact that the Nolan is integrated into the helmet, I feel the Sena unit is a better unit and if I was buying another right now, I'd go with Sena.

That being said, NONE of the bluetooth rigs are without issues of some kind or another. I personally wish they would get together and come up with a common standard for the bluetooth intercom. None of the units work well with units from other manufacturers. (although they all seem to now have a "universal mode" which connects to a competing helmet using HFP protocol, but it's not seamless)

I have the n-com B4 PLUS and it works just fine as long as you connect items in the correct sequence. For me that's B4+ on, radar detector, bike, and smart phone last. In that order everything works...Nav V turn-by-turn, radio, answer phone calls, etc. If the battery starts running low on an all day ride I just plug it in and charge while riding.

Ken

HuskerMark

Fwiw I have a riding buddy with that Nolan system - he loves it and I hate it. If we are linked to my Sena 20s all I can listen to is him! Can't use my Sena for music, gps etc. it's a big relief to link up to others with Sena, recommend you get one of these,

Thanks for the input gentlemen. All I really want to do is link to the radio with some helmet speakers. I ride pretty much alone so all the other features are of no consequence to me.

Archived