IGNORED

Starcom/Autocom status

johnlt

I know Starcom is continuing to support the Autocom product line but what is the long-term prospects. Are they going to let Autocom die a slow death or are they actually going to continue the product line with improved versions etc.

Bill_Walker

I've no idea, but it seems like everybody is going to Bluetooth systems from Sena or Cardo, so I'd imagine that their revenues are way down, which wouldn't bode well for further development.

They seem to be live and well.

Looks like they are still using the Autocom brand and have actually expended the product line to include wired, battery powered and Bluetooth comms systems.

They are aparently also making a GPS tracker.

Autocom UK

John Bentall

Starcom bought Autocom, but was itself bought out by some entrepreneurs with an electronics background. My point is that "Starcom still supporting Autocom" is no longer a helpful way of viewing the current status of either brand.

I recently bought a new-to-me R1200RT LE with audio and went to an Autocom/Interphone dealer with an open pocketbook to buy the best system for my needs. I was asked whether I minded the Autocom cables and replied that after 15 years I had gotten used to them. I rode out with an Autocom system installed on the bike.

Hi John, good to hear from you. I just upgraded after finding an excellent deal on a Super Pro Automatic. Really like it and it has significantly more volume. I've always liked my autocom systems but after time, my leads are degrading so an up grade was desirable. Very happy with overall performance and I don't mind being "wired" and not have to play with batteries. Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Starcom bought Autocom, but was itself bought out by some entrepreneurs with an electronics background. My point is that "Starcom still supporting Autocom" is no longer a helpful way of viewing the current status of either brand.

I recently bought a new-to-me R1200RT LE with audio and went to an Autocom/Interphone dealer with an open pocketbook to buy the best system for my needs. I was asked whether I minded the Autocom cables and replied that after 15 years I had gotten used to them. I rode out with an Autocom system installed on the bike.

Hi John; are you aware that Sam at Chainspeed has relocated from the lovely, but far flung, depths of west Wales, back to Warwickshire? I saw him a few weeks ago to get a new helmet fitted with a headset. Top bloke.

Archived