IGNORED

RE: PosiLock

Skywagon

I just robbed the wife's piggy bank and ordered direct. Doesn't seem to be much/any cheaper ordering anywhere else. For whatever reason, it seems awfully complicated to buy these things. I bought a box of the posi-taps and a box of the butt connectors and a few odds and ends. Nothing as good as they are at what they do.

Have you looked at Amazon?? They frequently have better deals than you can find anywhere else. Lots of Posilocks shown.

For instance:

Posi-lock Connectors, 14-16 Gauge, Pack of 5

by Posi-Products

4.7 out of 5 stars 15 customer reviews

Price: $4.19 + $4.49 shipping

szurszewski

This is a frustration of mine as well. I SO wish I could find a place that carries that me locally so I could just go load up.

I've ended up ordering through WebBikeWorld

http://www.webbikeworld.com/sale/posi-locks-for-sale.htm

They have a good selection, good price, fast cheap shipping and they make a few bucks (well, maybe not that much) off me this way so they can keep doing the very useful reviews they do. They have it set so you can customize what you get, and I think if you knew what you wanted and just emailed, they'd make you a custom "kit" and send you a paypal invoice. And free stickers :)

Dang...wish I would have seen the webbike site before I ordered $90 worth directly....arggghhh and no stickers.

szurszewski
Dang...wish I would have seen the webbike site before I ordered $90 worth directly....arggghhh and no stickers.

That's what happens when you only give the internet an hour to tell you where to spend your money :)

How'd you get away with just $90? :grin:

Come on over if you need something!

I was tempted to order some of the waterproof connectors they show. But those are REAL expensive. Still, do it right the first time and it is probably cheaper than some other methods.

Thanks Terry...I did order some of the waterproof ones. That was exactly what I was looking for was 1. waterproof one...now I have a bunch on the way so if you need a couple holler and I'll bring them by.

So after all your headlight experiment...what bulb did you go back with.

When I saw what you took off, it looked familiar. My gps cradle keeps hanging in the open position. I took the whole thing apart trying to fix it. I thought I could shim it or something but have decided it is warped. I think I'll take it back to the dealer and let them fool with it.

szurszewski I figured when Terry said go direct....that was good as gold... When a man is ready to burn money on the internet, an hour is a lifetime :)

Went back to the stock bulb setup, but using an Osram Nightbreaker I ordered from Germany. They are good for Halogen bulbs.

szurszewski

szurszewski I figured when Terry said go direct....that was good as gold... When a man is ready to burn money on the internet, an hour is a lifetime :)

My fault for not checking posts while I was teaching/at work. I like my job, but it does severely infringe on my important forum surfing.

I did order direct. But if just wanting a few pieces you can get them a bit cheaper elsewhere. My problem was confusion. What was....Oh, well I wanted a decent selection in a box. I still say it is confusing to try to order these things. I got a box of inline taps and a box of splices. And a few small packs of other stuff. Seemed the larger selections were about as cheap direct and less confusing to select. Just used a couple on the Veskimo setup yesterday. Worth every penny. There is just nothing that comes close to them.

szurszewski

+1 on it being a hassle to order - especially if you're like me and don't keep wire gauges in your head well. Thta's why I really wish I could find a local store that carried them - I'm gladly pay a bit of "dealer" markup to be able to go paw through them in person!

Archived