IGNORED

R1100RT and R1150RT Center Stand Interchangeability?

biometrics

These two bikes are very similar and have many interchangeable parts, but some do not interchange, for example the foot peg mounting plates.

Can anyone tell me if the center stands are interchangeable between these two models? the part numbers are different on the parts fiche, but the diagrams are identical...

I am looking to put an instatrike kit on an R1100RT, and I think the kits are different simply because they were designed at different times. I would like to use the R1150RT kit on the R1100RT and if the center stands ARE interchangeable, this should be possible.

The later bike (R1150RT) uses the E-Trike kit, and the R1100RT uses the Instatrike kit. The E-Trike kit is less expensive and easier to put on and take off... hence my desire to use the later model.

So has anyone actually interchanged the center stand between these two models?

They look the same on the fiche diagrams... specifically talking about Part #1 in both diagrams.

112442d1468606777-r1100rt-r1150rt-center-stand-interchangeability-r1100rtcenterstand.png

112450d1468606781-r1100rt-r1150rt-center-stand-interchangeability-r1150rtcenterstand.png

Possibly Mike, at Beemer Boneyard, could answer that question. A dealer is just going to reference the part numbers from their fiche.

Archived