IGNORED

Cee Bailey's Service?

KetoSoi

I was going to purchase a CB windshield for my RT, and called their Sales folks to get a few questions answered before I took the plunge.

They were not very professional answering the phone, but I let that slide. They seemed disinterested in actually selling me the product. Instead of ordering, I said thank you and left it at that.

Wondering if I caught'em on a bad day (still no excuse), or if theyre always like that.

What was your experience dealing with their Sales or Support people?

K

The Rocketman

I've dealt with the owner (?) there and he's been a little short on answers and patience on more than one occasion. That being said, I have their windshields on 2 of my bikes, and their headlight protectors on 3 of my bikes, and find their products to be of high quality and they do exactly what they're supposed to do.

I sent them an email and left a phone message concerning a shield I had bought from them. Both were completely ignored.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Sounds like its the norm with CB, so I wont be doing business with them. Products may be decent, but I need to know a business takes the customer seriously.

K

Good products. In fact, the owner is/was a member here and started off designing and selling stuff for the RT. It's never been their primary business, but I've never heard anything but positives about their products.

I can't offer any recent experiences regarding customer service, but they're completely trustworthy.

I bought a CB #2 +2 about 8 years ago, decided it was too short, and exchanged it for a +4. They claimed there were scratches, and wanted to charge a damage fee, but I explained that I had handled it with white cotton gloves, never got as far as riding because it was too short, so there was absolutely no scratching when I returned it. They accepted my explanation and waived the charge.

The CB #2 +4 was never quite right for me, so I cut it down about 3/4", but still wasn't satisfied. Two years ago, I replaced it with a #2 +4 Eurocut, which is surprisingly different in dimensions, and is absolutely perfect for my needs. I sold my first CB to someone on this list, so I wasn't out much.

At the UnRally last week, I found that there was essentially no difference in wind noise or comfort between 55 and 85 mph; my riding companions were getting beaten up by the wind, while I was just loafing along, comfortable at any speed. The Eurocut screen looks good, fits and works well.

Archived