IGNORED

SIrius XM antenna reception on my RT

Doug_Baliko

Doug_Baliko

When out on the road my XM radio reception is generally pretty poor unless I'm riding directly south, or southeast/southwest. Otherwise, many times I get stretches where it goes into Linking and I get scattered reception, which is very annoying.

I know that the antenna is under the cowl, which can't be the best place for it to be for good reception. Has anyone moved their antenna? Or maybe attached an alternative booster antenna somewhere else on the bike? Looking for a solution. Thanks.

Doug

Doug_Baliko

Thanks. But I'm talking about bikes that come with Sirius/XM and have the antenna as part of the bike.

Doug

hey Doug....on my 2014 it works great as is. I wonder if yours is partially plugged in. Getting to it isn't that hard. Start by removing the windshield and the rest will come easy.

When out on the road my XM radio reception is generally pretty poor unless I'm riding directly south, or southeast/southwest. Otherwise, many times I get stretches where it goes into Linking and I get scattered reception, which is very annoying.

I know that the antenna is under the cowl, which can't be the best place for it to be for good reception. Has anyone moved their antenna? Or maybe attached an alternative booster antenna somewhere else on the bike? Looking for a solution. Thanks.

Doug

Hey, dbaliko. Do you have something causing radio interference on the bike, an aftermarket electrical gadget?? Try unplugging other stuff one at a time to see if it gets better.

You might try an aftermarket XM antenna in different locations to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Doug

Hey, dbaliko. Do you have something causing radio interference on the bike, an aftermarket electrical gadget?? Try unplugging other stuff one at a time to see if it gets better.

You might try an aftermarket XM antenna in different locations to see if that helps.

Thanks. I just bought an aftermarket antenna that I'm going to try. Does anyone know if the stock Sirius/XM antenna on the RT uses a Fakra connector? If it does I'll probably need to get a Fakra adapter.

Doug

Archived